Best Price On a SF 6P LED

Dreck

Newly Enlightened
Okay...all of you CPFer's, who's got the best price on a Surefire 6PLED? ANd what would be better, a incan 6P with a KL3 or...just a 6P led.
Thanks...

Gunner12

Flashaholic
There are some on eBay. Don't some sellers have coupons/discounts for CPFers?(I don't remember them right now)

The 6PL would be more of a runtime light with 80 lumen + current gen LED. The KL3 would be dimmer then the P60L(not to mention the less efficient LED).

If you want output, a normal 6P or any P60 accepting light with a good drop-in should be brighter then either the 6PL and the 6P + KL3.

Edit: here's a thread of sites with CPF user discounts.

precisionworks

Flashaholic
Both eBay & the Marketplace section of this board have similar prices. Often the delivered price on the Marketplace makes the cost lower.

Dreck

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info gentlemen. I didn't think of the market place (duh). Every time I try to eBay one of these I always get outbid. There's someone selling one for $67.95 + 8.75 shipping. I haven't shopped around a lot yet. CPF Marketplace here I come.....

Dreck

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info gentlemen. I didn't think of the market place (duh). Every time I try to eBay one of these I always get outbid. There's someone selling one for $67.95 + 8.75 shipping. I haven't shopped around a lot yet. CPF Marketplace here I come.....

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
ANd what would be better, a incan 6P with a KL3 or...just a 6P led.
Thanks...
a homemade "pill" with a good 1 A driver and a heatsink that deserves its name
(= press fit into the the head making direct contact to the body)
+ a good reflector

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was on the same boat, I was debating whether I should get the 6P or 6P LED. I decided to get the 6P and buy a malkoff drop in. I bought my 6P for $35 + $60 for a Malkoff drop in. I figure I'll pay a little more, but have a much better light :thumbsup:

GPB

Enlightened
If you want to keep it a "completely surefire original" go with the LED. If you are going to put your own lamp assembly in it, it doesn't make any sense to pay more for the LED version and then take out the LED that you paid extra for.

I don't want to start any arguments here, ( and this may be considered inflamatory talk, I don't know ) but I can't see myself ever buying an incandescent light again, unless its just to convert it to an LED. I am sure there are applications that incans are better for, but for my needs, I reach for the LED every time. Its too bad too. My first "real" flashlight was a Brinkman Maxfire that I really liked........I still really like it, but I never find myself using it anymore.

russwm

Newly Enlightened
If you are not definitely married to the idea of a SF 6P, you could get one of the 6P clones, like a Solarforce L2 off of ebay for less money, and then keep an eye out on Marketplace for a Malkoff M60L or M60LL.

You can buy a Solarfoce L2 with a Xenon bulb on ebay for $15.49 shipped. If I am not mistaken, you can replace the Xenon with the Malkoff.

You could also get the XPG Flashilight/Knife Combo from Cabela's for $29.99 shipping, and put the Malkoff in the XPG flashlight and get a good knife to boot.

Dreck

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the input. The more I think about it...I believe I'll stick with the Surefire original 6PL. From what I've learned there just isn't a lot of U.S. light manufacturers out there. Everything else just seems to be made in China. But that's a discussion for another forum and another day. Plus I think 80 lumens is going to be enough for my uses anyhow. Perhaps I don't have the "CPFer" squint as of yet because the light from my E1e and a KL1 seems plenty bright. I'm still amazed with my Arc LS1!

Thanks again for all your help and suggestions.