Panasonic Geolux LED flashlights. Anyone have more info?

oregon

Enlightened
Interesting find. Thank you Eu.

I pinged Panasonic's customer service this AM with questions: ID of LED, regulation of output and if so how and, finally, can Ernest have one sent to him for review purposes.

Looks like a twisty due to the scallops on the exterior of the tail. Aspherical lens, hmmm, no reflector perhaps. Looks thick.

oregon

Last edited:

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
An interesting quote from the link:
Our super-bright LED bulbs last longer than most incandescent bulbs.

Panasonic generally makes really good stuff and so it will be interesting to see what this light is like. Not sure if them thinking the LEDs are "bulbs" is a good sign or not, though.

oregon

Enlightened
http://translate.google.com/transla...t&hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS265&ie=UTF-8 page doesn't render, so you must click on "new products" bottom left of black page.

A few new lighting products from Panasonic. The light on the left looks like the Geolux, however, its not listed on this translated page.

I like the look of the necklace light. Everyone should have one. Also, the "Xenon National Magnet Light" FF-144P looks interesting. And, I want this large reflector retro flashlight: FF-131C-B (blue, my favorite color).

Here is a pdf manual, in Japanese unfortunately, for the Geolux (I count four exclamation marks on this page, not sure what the shouting is about): http://ctlg.national.jp/manual/2007/BF-948P_01.pdf Babelfish translation indicates that there is a current regulation circuit in the Geolux: "This item skip national top commodity summary light/write/flashlight handy light/write BF-948P contents menu. This item skip mail magazine Lithium high power LED metal light/write (lithium electric battery CR123A1 for) BF-948P BF-948P Commodity summary Details (specifications) Crime prevention prevention of disasters lecture Instruction manual (134KB) Inquiry BF-348P BF-948P BF-347P BF-947P BF-328P BF-928P BF-325BP BF-425BP BF-925BP BF-341BP BF-345P BF-346P BF-945P BF-442P BF-440P In addition, < production end > commodity BF-948P open price Electric battery life approximately 3.5 hour (lithium) size approximately 24 φ ×95mm mass approximately 80g (electric battery containing) brightness approximately 150 lx illuminant LED high power white LED waterproofing life waterproofing shape aspherical lens 0 cold area adaptations -20 ℃ 0 in addition electric current control circuit built-in POS cord/code 4984824765481 Key holder"

I like my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 camera. It is without flaw in my experience.

oregon

Last edited:

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
An interesting quote from the link:
Our super-bright LED bulbs last longer than most incandescent bulbs.

Panasonic generally makes really good stuff and so it will be interesting to see what this light is like. Not sure if them thinking the LEDs are "bulbs" is a good sign or not, though.

I wouldn't think anything of it. They are marketing to a general audience that might not know the difference between LED and incandescent, but do know that they don't like it when bulbs burn out.

Same thing goes for the LSD batteries that are advertised as "pre-charged".

Just another example of how the marketing department is responsible for selling and the engineers are responsible for designing.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
oregon: that BableFish translation was funny to read, but not very informative until the last sentence, which you wisely highlighted. I'm hoping that's a constant current driver they are refering to. But why did they follow it up with a POS cord?! You would think they would either use a good one or keep their mouths shut.

oregon

Enlightened
oregon: that BableFish translation was funny to read, but not very informative until the last sentence, which you wisely highlighted. I'm hoping that's a constant current driver they are refering to. But why did they follow it up with a POS cord?! You would think they would either use a good one or keep their mouths shut.

LOL

Refreshing bit of honesty perhaps. :D

Hoping for regulation.

oregon

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well based on the "20 times brighter than" claim, the "bluish white" output and aspheric lens, I'd bet my lunch money it's a Nichia Jupiter.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I'm hoping for something nice here. An ashperic is interesting to me so I'm curious to see what the beamshot looks like. And of course which LED they're using. Thanks for finding a new light to ponder.

oregon

Enlightened
I pinged Panasonic's customer service this AM with questions: ID of LED, regulation of output and if so how and, finally, can Ernest have one sent to him for review purposes.
oregon

Received this response today from the above probe of Panasonic's customer service:

"Dear MR XXXX

Thank you for your inquiry. Based on the model number you have provided
we do not have any samples.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Thank You,
Panasonic Consumer Support
"

No sample for you to review Ernest. If I could I would funnel every new light to him. The photos alone are outstanding work.:mecry:

Not much communicating going on in this ping. Sorry guys. Perhaps a dealer...who deals in Panasonic flashlights? Hmmm...

oregon