FENIX UK - TK10 "ISSUE"

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary3911

Newly Enlightened
As you may be aware, there is some debate over the TK10s being sold in the UK.

One dealer, Doc, from Glowgadgets chose not to sell his TK10s, whilst other dealers inspected them and carried on.

This resulted in 4sevens making the claim that Doc was involved in some kind of skullduggery and was covering up the fact that he had no TK10s to sell; even though this was pure speculation and there was absolutely not a single shred of evidence to back this up.

(Normally this kind of thing gets jumped all over, but clearly 4sevens enjoys the benefit of the doubt for some reason).

It was pointed out that Doc is away and unable to get to a PC. Doc has sent me an SMS with the following message:

glowgadgets said:
Yes (I was officially told not to sell the TK10) and I have the emails. Fenix since emailed instructions to fix it. I'm not in the office, I can't change the website until I return. If the torch has been fixed by the vendor, they can be sold. As yet, mine haven't. If anyone who is selling has fixed theirs then good for them. Why anyone should bad mouth me is a mystery. But I forgive them for they know not what they do. Please pass on my words as I cannot speak for myself. Best wishes, Doc.

Oh, and I most certainly do have stock. ;) It just says out-of-stock on the website because I don't wish to sell faulty lights. When I get back and have time to fix them, they will become available.

AGAIN: THE ABOVE IS A MESSAGE FROM GLOWGADGETS. I AM NOT GLOWGADGETS. I AM A CUSTOMER OF GLOW GADGETS. DO NOT ASK ME QUESTIONS.

e2x2e

Enlightened
May I ask the purpose of this thread? Several threads regarding the TK10 have been closed already, and you have participated in almost all of them. I don't know if you have something against this flashlight for whatever reason, but I suggest you stop posting in regard to the TK10 to prevent conflict.

greenstuffs

Banned
I think gary is just trying to get the word out for the potential customers. I really don't think it's appropiate from 4sevens saying that doc doesn't have any stock which even if its true is not respectful.
Like some people claim having a faulty light is a plus because a lot of users want a head that is not threadlocked talk about turnning a bug into a plus.

greenstuffs

Banned
There is nothing to be gained here.

remark removed

I'd just keep it private and pm a mod i don't think is very polite, this is more like thread pooping. If you have an issue take it directly to the mod making the fonts bigger is very annoying to other users only thing worse you could do is adding BOLD and use CAPS. And discussing mod actions in public is a no no. However some people will never learn.

Last edited by a moderator:

e2x2e

Enlightened
I think gary is just trying to get the word out for the potential customers. I really don't think it's appropiate from 4sevens saying that doc doesn't have any stock which even if its true is not respectful.
Like some people claim having a faulty light is a plus because a lot of users want a head that is not threadlocked talk about turnning a bug into a plus.

If he wanted to "get the word out", a post such as this would suffice:

Note to UK Fenix TK10 customers: There has been talk around the forums that there may be a problem with TK10's being shipped from the UK. Please be advised when purchasing.

^^^^^^^
Thats all that is needed.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast

When I read his comments again it looks like David was pointing out that Doc's ship date was 4-8, implying that he either doesn't have them, or he isn't going to be shipping them until the 8th. Now we have learned Doc is out of town, which is probably why the ship date is 4-8. Some wonder if Doc was trying to scare TK10 buyers into not buying a TK10 from other dealers by making his big "recall" post on his website, and telling people to contact Fenix if other dealers are selling the TK10, since Doc wouldn't be around to ship them when they were released, which is when most people will be buying them. We'll probably never know the true story behind all this, but Doc seemed to have taken a small issue and blew it out of proportion.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL! shipped from the UK? by who? There's more than one UK distributor!

And "problems"? You think that'd work? Please.... Taken out of context (as I haven't been following the TK10 problem threads very closely), this is an entirely appropriate thread- it's you who is lowering it. Taken in context of his comments on other threads, you may think that this is a dirty dirty attack on fenix. However, while the wording is a long way from "I love fenix they can never do anything wrong" It's hardly claiming that the world would be a better place if all fenix products and distributors were thrown into a big pit of *horse manure*, is it?

e2x2e

Enlightened
LOL! shipped from the UK? by who? There's more than one UK distributor!

And "problems"? You think that'd work? Please.... Taken out of context (as I haven't been following the TK10 problem threads very closely), this is an entirely appropriate thread- it's you who is lowering it. Taken in context of his comments on other threads, you may think that this is a dirty dirty attack on fenix. However, while the wording is a long way from "I love fenix they can never do anything wrong" It's hardly claiming that the world would be a better place if all fenix products and distributors were thrown into a big pit of *horse manure*, is it?

Yes, I do think that it would work, and my example was in response to Greenstuff's post stating that the OP wanted to get the word out. There aren't too many details out regarding the locktite problem, the original thread about the issue seemed to just inflate a rumor based on barely any substantial facts. Furthermore, I feel the following(quoted from original post) is ENTIRELY unnecessary and will just re-start the thread which was recently closed:

" This resulted in 4sevens making the claim that Doc was involved in some kind of skullduggery and was covering up the fact that he had no TK10s to sell; even though this was pure speculation and there was absolutely not a single shred of evidence to back this up.

(Normally this kind of thing gets jumped all over, but clearly 4sevens enjoys the benefit of the doubt for some reason). "

gary3911

Newly Enlightened
May I ask the purpose of this thread? Several threads regarding the TK10 have been closed already, and you have participated in almost all of them. I don't know if you have something against this flashlight for whatever reason, but I suggest you stop posting in regard to the TK10 to prevent conflict.

Actually, there is no issue here with my opinion on the TK10. The issue here is that one distributor has decided that he can publicly trash another by implying that he is a liar and that he is orchestrating a dirty tricks campaign.

Why is this all of a sudden acceptable just because the accuser in this case happens to be prolific and acknowleged by many to be a good dealer?

If any other member had publicly trashed 47s with the same accusations and the same absence of any evidence, what do you think would happen to them?

I am relaying a message from Glowgadgets as he currently does not have the facility to do so himself, and he should be allowed to be heard in the same forum that he was attacked in.

Marduke said:
There is nothing to be gained here.

You don't think so? What if it were your flashlight business that was being attacked publicly on a flashlight forum? What if 47s suggested it that you were a liar and started a dirty tricks campaign? Do you think there would be anything to be gained then?

Marduke

Flashaholic
Actually, there is no issue here with my opinion on the TK10. The issue here is that one distributor has decided that he can publicly trash another by implying that he is a liar and that he is orchestrating a dirty tricks campaign.

Why is this all of a sudden acceptable just because the accuser in this case happens to be prolific and acknowleged by many to be a good dealer?

If any other member had publicly trashed 47s with the same accusations and the same absence of any evidence, what do you think would happen to them?

I am relaying a message from Glowgadgets as he currently does not have the facility to do so himself, and he should be allowed to be heard in the same forum that he was attacked in.

You don't think so? What if it were your flashlight business that was being attacked publicly on a flashlight forum? What if 47s suggested it that you were a liar and started a dirty tricks campaign? Do you think there would be anything to be gained then?

Well, we've already talked about the "issue", and the general concensus is that it's a non-issue. Your thread has NOTHING to do with the flashlight and EVEYRTHING to do with a singular dealer. So, why is this in the "led flashlights" section when it it's just a thread to personally attack one person? At best, if it should be allowed to exist at all, would be the Jeer's forum.

Nothing about flashlights can be gained here, and only your opinion of another member is what's up for discussion. How many rules does that break??

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look, you started "this" thread entitled (FENIX UK - TK10 "ISSUE") and i dont think going into how 1 vendor attacks another is a "fenix Tk10" issue? I dont think 7777 would intentionally bash another vendor, they sell the same product. I hear what you mean though about if someone said it about 7777 there would be an army of people attacking those people saying such things. That just goes to show how popular 7777 is compared to glow's doc. But this forum is about flashlights, not popularity contests. Lets just talk about the issue of the TK10 head being loose, we dont need another thread locking, seriously.

Longballsd

Banned
Look, you started "this" thread entitled (FENIX UK - TK10 "ISSUE") and i dont think going into how 1 vendor attacks another is a "fenix Tk10" issue? I dont think 7777 would intentionally bash another vendor, they sell the same product. I hear what you mean though about if someone said it about 7777 there would be an army of people attacking those people saying such things. That just goes to show how popular 7777 is compared to glow's doc. But this forum is about flashlights, not popularity contests. Lets just talk about the issue of the TK10 head being loose, we dont need another thread locking, seriously.

I just received my TK10 yesterday and there is no issue with the light from what I can tell. I have played around with it for less than 2 hours now but I don't see any issue with the the head being too loose. At all........

FWIW, it is a cool looking light and I am more than pleased with my purchase.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my TK10 yesterday and there is no issue with the light from what I can tell. I have played around with it for less than 2 hours now but I don't see any issue with the the head being too loose. At all........

FWIW, it is a cool looking light and I am more than pleased with my purchase.

Cool, yea my one is perfect, my one came from a UK vendor that checks and fixes, i saw the original thread and nearly died, i was like NOOoOOoO, and started taking my one apart and tapping it lol, Phew, im glad that is over. Its not even a big issue if one is that way, just send it back, all vendors should know about it, by now.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone please lock this puppy before it gets out of hand again.

And locktite was used again instead of the appropriate "loctite", where's the outrage? ;)

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
We should not "require" a thread to be locked, because we should be able to excersise self control from overtly bashing and provoking. But i do think this issue is completely known now.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
We should not "require" a thread to be locked, because we should be able to excersise self control from overtly bashing and provoking. But i do think this issue is completely known now.
I think threads like this are useless for those of us who want information on Fenix products. They just create tension between various dealers and have nothing to do with us consumers.

I'd like to see the thread locked because it has nothing to do with the flashlight itself. Just more junk to filter through for those who are really interested in the light itself and couldn't care less about the dealer issues with each other.

At worst it should be moved to the Cheers and Jeers area, and at best it should be locked so it doesn't get in the way of those seeking info about the light itself.

The title of this thread is also misleading. It should be "4Sevens vs Doc"...

Last edited:

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, and thats what was done last time, but someone had unfinished business so they created the thread again. So i always think its better to make sure people have warnings instead of just closing threads, that way they know they are wrong. Otherwise they think "wtf it was closed? i will make another"

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's keep in mind it was Doc who attacked all the other Fenix dealers. He told people to email Fenix to report Fenix dealers that were selling the TK10. This was an attack on all Fenix dealers, including 4sevens. 4sevens has every right to defend himself from the information Doc was posting. Fenix-store claims they were not told to stop selling TK10's, as Doc would have us believe. Doc, and the poster who posted Doc's comments here, were encouraging us to report dealers like Fenix-Store to Fenix if they were selling TK10's, which Fenix-store is and continues to do. This seems like an attempt to make people think Fenix-store is up to no good, and one shouldn't do business with them because they, ACCORDING TO DOC, are doing something Fenix doesn't want them doing, which Fenix-store claims is BS. Last I checked Fenix-Store is Fenix's largest dealer, so I'll trust Fenix-store over some other small dealer that isn't even in his shop to ship product.

This started with Doc, not 4sevens. 4sevens had no choice but to set the record straight and question why Doc was spreading false information.

Status
Not open for further replies.