Brightest DX or KD P60 dropin

glenda17

Enlightened
Which is the britest P60 dropin from DX. I am confused I thought that the R2 dropin was only 700mA but now I am hearing it is brighter than a T1.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say its the R2 5 mode, a CPF member measured current draw about 1.2A and said it was visibly brighter than a dereelight... I'm trying to find that thread, will post it when I find it.

I only got the R2 single mode and compared to my Cree P4, its at least twice as bright and throws about 50% further!

I'm very happy with my DX R2 drop-in, the tint is towards the cooler end of the spectrum on mine.

dmz

Enlightened
The specs say "117~225 Lumens". Does that mean some of these drop ins are brighter and some are not as bright?

bspofford

Enlightened
The specs say "117~225 Lumens". Does that mean some of these drop ins are brighter and some are not as bright?

I have all the Q5 and R2 modules you are considering. The 0-100% "3-mode" (actually 15-mode) Q5 rated at 3.7V, one-mode Q5 rated at 3-18V, and one-mode R2 rated at 3-18V are all on the cool side of white and very bright. I estimate that all are in the 225lm range, and I would disregard the 117~225lm reference. I don't have the KD version of the one-mode R2 yet, but the specs and photo show the same item. Mev at LightReviews tested the 0-100% "3-mode" Q5 and determined that it has output equal to a Fenix T1 on high with good runtimes. You will be very surprised at how far an OP P-60 module can throw. The Solarforce R2 is on the warm side of white. Compared to a SolarForce R2, all three of these DX/KD modules are about twice as bright unless you drive the Solarforce with 3X16340 (12.6V) when they're all similar. All three of the DX/KD modules are great values at about half the cost of the Solarforce module on eBay.