Another Lumapower IncenDio review

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
(sorry I dont seem to have permission to post in the forum???)

Got my Lumapower IncenDio today. This is a very nice light. With so many lights out there I think the IncenDio has done well to be a little unique.

The IndenDio is probably one of the thinnest CR123 cell lights I have seen. It is about the same diameter as a AA light and even slimmer than a lot. It is about the same diameter as my Nightcore DI. This light is very easy to pocket carry due to the slim design and short length – great job Lumapower. I have skipped purchasing some great CR123 lights just because they were too fat (Novatac – awesome light though). I have been waiting for a reasonably priced SMALL CR123 light with features such as this.

Generally, CR123 lights have a little advantage to AA lights by being able to use a higher voltage driver which tends to be a bit more efficient and I think is why there are a lot of them out there. The Specs for the IncenDio appear to make it a nice efficient light.

Finish and build quality are very nice and well done. Like others have said the threads are smooth. The matt black finish on mine looks thick and as good as any other light I have had with HAIII – time will tell but I am easy on my lights. I like the flush switch design with the stainless steel surround and it appears higher quality than my Fenix P3D and it just looks cool (the glow in the dark material is a nice touch). The glow ring in the bezel does a nice job after shutting off the light. I have had another brand light with a glow ring that barely glowed at all.

The WD tint Cree is very white and does not disappoint. It has the "cream" look when compared to my NDI with WC emitter which is very white. I could only tell a difference when comparing side by side otherwise it looks very white without any yellow/blue/green tint at all - I am happy. I like the beam with nice hot spot and good spill.

I like the output settings and think they were well chosen. One thing that I have noticed is that my light will always flicker after 2 seconds has passed when turning on the light even when the mode has already beam "remembered". I had a Jetbeam that would only flicker the first time and then would not flicker the next time you turn the light on. Is this normal for the IncenDio?

The gray Ultrafire RCR123 cells fit in the light snug. But I had some very old blue "no name" RCR123 cells that were too tight. Energizer CR123's fit great. I have no problem with this to make the light as thin as possible. I wanted to toss the old blue cells anyways since I don't trust them. Great light and highly recommended!

Unclemonkey

Newly Enlightened
I just received my incendio in the mail today. Mines too flickers after you turn it on. I must say that it is impressive for its size. For example, It's slightly dimmer that my SF L4 with not as bright side spill.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a chance to use the light a bit last night and really like it. The thing that impresses me a lot is how small it is with a CR123 cell. It looks like a shorter AA light. I have a Peak Pacific with pocket AA tube that is very compact and the IncenDio is as slim but shorter! The forward clickie makes it easy to use one handed. This may become my favorite pocket light. I can see carring this without much notice.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice writeup. :)

The quick flicker occurs about 2 seconds after the light is on to let you know that the light level you have selected has been memorized.