Low Dome vs. High Dome

Status
Not open for further replies.

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Well, I've finally mastered the Arc LSx model numbers after thoroughly reading Peter's post on his 2003 Arc catalog.

Now I'm just trying to decide between a Low Dome-Premium or a High Dome-Premium. My assumption is that there's going to be more throw in the High Dome. But I'm a novice to the Arc World, so the following question:

What's the main difference/advantage/disadvantage between the Low Dome and the High Dome?

Thanks in advance...

-Jim

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
If I don't have them mixed up...my particular low dome is whiter/a little on the bluish side (I like it that way!) and is more of a flood type beam.

My particular high dome is still a nice white, but has a tighter hot spot and throws a little better than the low dome.

You're talking premiums, mine are standards. Got the $$, "Get em' both!". Don't have the $$, "Get em' both, but get standards".

Sproing

Newly Enlightened
Like Sigman said, the low dome LS is more of a flood with a bigger bright hotspot. I find the low domes better for close range work because the wider beam puts out more useable light up close. The high domes seem to have a more consistent color throughout the beam while some low domes have a slightly off color (like green or blue) usually at the edges of the beam.

I took some beamshots today because I just received a replacement LSH-P in the mail today. The LSH-P has a really nice Q3J luxeon in it. Here is a side-by-side pic of it beside a premium low dome LS with a Q3H luxeon. I prefer the color on the LSH-P.
Low Dome on the left and high dome on the right
fc69c5a0.jpg

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Ahhh, now that seems more clear. I, too, like the LED light with a blue tinge, and I prefer it to be more on the "flood" side, as opposed to a tighter spot/more throw.

Thanks, Sigman... and you're right regarding the $$. Perhaps an Arc LSL-Premium for now, and somewhere down the line... well, you know... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Jim

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Sproing- WOW, that's a good shot. And thank you for posting that pic! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Now I really have a good visual - however, I feel I'm heading down the road for both the LSL-P AND the LSH-P. Ahhhh heck... it's only $

Thanks Sigman & Sproing

-Jim

onelight

Enlightened
Jim I have a LSH-S and a LSL-P my LSH-S is white with barely green tint,my LSL-P is white with a blue tint I'm with Sigman and prefer the blue tint.I like the wider hotspot of the LSL-P but I would be happy with either.IMHO if you take a P with either you will be happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif and have plenty of light.

onelight

Enlightened
Great beam shots I like the color of his p better to. That sounds kinda disgusting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

onelight

Enlightened
My LSL-P is the color of his LSH-P and my LSL-S is the color of his LSL-P /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Re: Color of P...

Hahaaa... good one! Well, I have to agree. Thanks Nascar & onelight. Those are great pics, too! God I love CPF! It's nice to make informed decisions before buying when the info is coming from experience.

Thanks everyone! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

-Jim

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I've purchased (3) LSH-P lights since they've been released. Of the entire ARC product line, it's been the most consistant I've seen between units. You can't say that for the standard-AAA or the LE-AAA or the LS1 or the LS1-REV2.

In both cosmetics and beam color, tint and brightness, you can not tell my 3-LSH-Ps apart.

TrevorG

Newly Enlightened
Jim,

You won't be disappointed... I love my LSH-P, it is by far my favorite light. For obvious reasons I carry the E2e as a primary but the Arc makes a decent backup as well as a great utility light.

Let us know what you think when you get it.

Trevor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts