SureFire od-green 6P: what tailcap?

K-T

*Moderator*
Does anybody have this kind of flashlight? If so, what kind of tailcap is used on this modell? Is it a LOTC?

Does anybody know where to find this kind of model?

TIA,

K-T

fc6a3dc8.jpg

fc6a3dc9.jpg

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
John Hollister from the USN forum had this one up for sale, they are few and fer between. Good luck.

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
I'll take two, please. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If I'm not mistaken, it looks like a pre-1998 model of the OD 6P, equipped with a non-LOTC.

Plus, an LBT tac vest in the background with a 30rnd .223 M16 magazine... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Jim

K-T

*Moderator*
[ QUOTE ]
Josh said:
John Hollister from the USN forum had this one up for sale, they are few and fer between. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct, I missed that deal by a second or two! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you look at the wilson combat 6Z shark skin holster you will see a SWEET green 6Z, it looks HA but I'm not sure.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
To my knowledge Wilson Combat patented a thermo-cured handgun finish called Armor-tuff which comes in OD green and black and that may be what it is, if it's not a green anodize. I have expressed the wish that Surefire would investigate using this finish on future lights as it really is a rather cool looking as well as being a non-glare and protective finish. Ryan Wilson the son of Bill Wilson of Wilson Combat is also a custom knifemaker and uses the Armor-tuff finish on some of his knives including the colaborative combat folder he is making with custom maker Darrel Ralph. These folders can be seen on both of their websites as they are available through both makers. The OD green finish is available on Wilson's custom handguns, AR-15's and shotguns and as well.

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
I asked that question regarding the Armor-tuff finish on the Wilson Combat Z2 about a month ago. After further inquiry with Frank at Wilson Combat, I found out they do not offer that option - it was a personal Z2 that they had Armor-tuff coated. The cost for doing so is very expensive, as I was told.

With that said, it would be a better option to pick up a HAIII produced light of comparable size, such as the C2.

Hope that helps...

-Jim

bgenlvtex

Newly Enlightened
I have one of these used very lightly and showing no wear with p60 and p61 module,lanyard ring and spares carrier that I would consider trading for L1 or possibly A2.I'm not certain but I believe I have the box/paperwork. The finish is HA green not a coating of some sort.

Edited to add....These models are NOT lotc

Edited again to add that I do have original box and all paperwork. Box is marked OD Anodized.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would have had to have been a standard anodize with OD dye as every anodizer that I've ever spoken with said they could only do an HA finish in natural and Black due to the process of mil spec hard anodize.

As for the Armor-tuff coated light, we were discussing the 6Z pictured on the Wilson Combat site not the 6P at the beginning of the thread that is an obviously anodized finish.

I don't understand how the Armor-tuff coating could be more expensive than an HA finish as one is electrolytic and pretty involved and the other is just a thermo cured topcoat. I really wish SF would try a couple.

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

K-T

*Moderator*
[ QUOTE ]
bgenlvtex said:
I have one of these used very lightly and showing no wear with p60 and p61 module,lanyard ring and spares carrier that I would consider trading for L1 or possibly A2.I'm not certain but I believe I have the box/paperwork. The finish is HA green not a coating of some sort.

Edited to add....These models are NOT lotc

Edited again to add that I do have original box and all paperwork. Box is marked OD Anodized.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any pictures of your light, are there any wear marks? I might be interested, don't have an L1 of A2 to trade though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
No, I was referring to SureFires that you don't appear to have seen... (look in SureFire's display cabinets)

I very much doubt SureFire released a HA Green 6P.

Al

bgenlvtex

Newly Enlightened
K-T.... I will PM you so this doesn't turn into a for sale thread,but pictures are exactly as shown above,no evidence of wear I'd rate it @98%+.