As Requested... More X300 Shots...

Caligvla

Newly Enlightened
Click on the photos below for a larger view...

The X300 makes a nice clean and very tight circle, just aim for the center of the circle and your target is taken out, no need for sights in close quarter home defense situation. Other pistol mounted weapon lights just don't have this tight beam...

Patriot

Flashaholic
Very cool shots. There aren't many reviews or beamshots of the X300. Thanks for posting them.

The Porcupine

Enlightened
Great shots, thanks for sharing! I love my X300. The beam profile is exactly like my L1, just a lot brighter!
SF claims 110 lumens IIRC. In a totally unscientific ceiling bounce test with my X300 vs. my Novatac 120T, the X300 is actually quite a bit brighter! Awesome light. Wish it came with L1 had the same punch on high!

Caligvla

Newly Enlightened
Great shots, thanks for sharing! I love my X300. The beam profile is exactly like my L1, just a lot brighter!
SF claims 110 lumens IIRC. In a totally unscientific ceiling bounce test with my X300 vs. my Novatac 120T, the X300 is actually quite a bit brighter! Awesome light. Wish it came with L1 had the same punch on high!

Yup that's really what it is all about at the end of the day, is how your eyes are able to use and process the light... There are a number of ways to measure lumens, and SureFire doesn't exaggerate... 100 SureFire lumens can be a heck of a lot more illuminating than some other brands that claim to have higher output... I really feel $225 is a bargain for the X300. I spend twice that on ammo every month...

Last edited:

The Porcupine

Enlightened
Yup that's really what it is all about at the end of the day, is how your eyes are able to use and process the light... There are a number of ways to measure lumens, and SureFire doesn't exaggerate... 100 SureFire lumens can be a heck of a lot more illuminating than some other brands that claim to have higher output... I really feel $225 is a bargain for the X300. I spend twice that on ammo every month...

Very true! The X300 delivers a lot of very usefull punch in a very small package! And the price is most certainly justified.

Al;
I'm hoping to get my hands on the E2DL when it comes out. I assume you have seen it in action? Is the beam profile like the X300/L1?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Al;
I'm hoping to get my hands on the E2DL when it comes out. I assume you have seen it in action? Is the beam profile like the X300/L1?
I've only seen and handled the one PK had at SS2008. It had the same beam as the X300/L1 etc
DSC00562.JPG

The Porcupine

Enlightened
I've only seen and handled the one PK had at SS2008. It had the same beam as the X300/L1 etc
Excellent! I have got to get me one of those! Of course it will be illegal in DK as anything else that vaguely resembles a possible weapon impact, but I guess an F04 with no lens will make it look less scary!:whistle:
Hopefully I should get my first M6 in a few days, so I can probably live without the E2DL for a bit!

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice. The color temperature isn't too high.

Would Surefire make an incremental upgrade, say an X350 in 8-9 months with 50% more output 165lumen?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Would Surefire make an incremental upgrade, say an X350 in 8-9 months with 50% more output 165lumen?
They've not used such a model numbering system to do that in the past.
If SureFire were to 'simply' increase the output of a product, for example by driving the LED harder, or by being able to use an even better LED bin then as in the past I doubt they'll even update the specs.
If they use a new LED they may not even mention it either.
If there is a substantial change giving a much higher output I believe they'll announce it but I doubt they'll use the '50 method of model numbering to identify it.

Supernam

Enlightened
I wonder how hard these are being pushed. I'd love to do a mod on these with an R2 and SOB1000. Can't afford the X300 right now though. haha

Caligvla

Newly Enlightened
Nice. The color temperature isn't too high.

SureFire has the X400 in their 2008 catalog. It is the same as the X300 with the addition of a Laser... I find most laser sights to be fairly useless... and the X300 is all you need as a sight in itself... I am sad that there are no improvements to the light for the X400... The jump from the X200 to the X300 was a massive improvement but the X400 just seems pointless to me...

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe Surefire could make an X450

So keep the X300 around (just bank that increase in efficiency as longer runtime), offer an X350 (165, :twothumbs) for people who want something that will also mount on a long gun.

and do the same for X400

Caligvla

Newly Enlightened
Maybe Surefire could make an X450

So keep the X300 around (just bank that increase in efficiency as longer runtime), offer an X350 (165, :twothumbs) for people who want something that will also mount on a long gun.

and do the same for X400

Oh the X300 is not for a long gun... the switch and everything else about it designed to mount under a handgun. They have plenty of lights for a long guns... you would want a larger beam spread for a long gun too...

http://www.surefire.com/surefire/content/X300_large2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

beavo451

Newly Enlightened
If you don't mind, I have a comparison shot between the X300 and X200B. Same camera settings for all exposures.

compare.jpg