NEW- ENERGIZER ALUMINUM 1 WATT- 1XAA LED FLASHLIGHT(lots of pics)

mhubble

Enlightened
Found this at TARGET this morning. 17.99 is the price. Similar to the RIVER ROCK 1xAA. Has the same pocket clip as the RR. Very well made, comes with energizer battery, wrist lanyard. Has a LIFETIME GAURANTEE. Lens is plastic. Head seems to be glued on. SWITCH IS A FORWARD CLICKY. Ive run it for 1.5 hours now(30 on, 30 off) Batteries have dropped to 1.24 volts. Small decrease in brightness. Tint is white with a very slight blueish tint to it. Looks to be a luxeon led. Not as bright as a CREE AA I have but better runtimes.ALOT brighter than the INOVA X-1 2nd gen with alot better runtime. Im impressed with it. 18.00 USD, uses AA battery, good runtime, forward clicky........and you can buy it locally. I would say the way ENERGIZER is this light will be in every major retailer in a few weeks. I did some searching and found that ENERGIZER also as a 1 watt and 3 watt 2xAA version in ALUMINUM they are calling a TACTICAL LIGHT.

EDIT - Ran it for another 20 min and it shut itself off. Checked the battery and it read .70 volts. So thats almost 2 hours of runtime with very little drop in brightness. Package doesnt say anything about rechargeables or lithium. Im going to try a lithium eventually but Im out of them right now.

EDIT - Almost forgot, it has a smooth reflector.

1001446hg9.jpg

1001447ko5.jpg

1001448jr8.jpg

1001450bu6.jpg

1001453zv7.jpg

1001456im4.jpg

1001458tp3.jpg

Beamshots arent that great but it does give you an idea.

ENERGIZER LIGHT
energizergf8.jpg

CREE 1XAA
creecc8.jpg

INOVA X-1
inovarr3.jpg

RdlyLite

Enlightened
Hey, I saw that light just the other day! And here is the interesting part I could have sworn I saw it for 7.99! I also saw the 2AA version for 12.99! RAts...now I am doubtin my memory... I gotta go take another look.

lumenal

Enlightened
Thanks for the nice pics and review. :thumbsup:

Given the $17.99 pricepoint, it looks like a good deal, especially since you say its very well made, decent knurling, and has a forward clicky.

I wonder if the later versions of this light will have a REBEL in it, just like the 2 AA lithium 3 watt "tactical" version and a few of the 2 AA 1 watt models I saw at Target.

Either way, Energizer will probably sell a ton of them...

lumenal

Enlightened
Wow, I posted while in the review forum and somehow I ended up in the LED forum... :laughing:

mhubble - how are the threads on this new light? Smooth, coarse, easy to cross-thread? They look good in your photos.

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
I was in two Targets yesterday looking for the last of the clearance items and saw all 3 new Energizer lights. All of them had Luxeons with no Rebels yet. Both stores had 3 each of all 3 lights on the pegs.
If the forward clickies prove to be durable and more show up soon with an advanced emitter this should be a very nice light.
The 1xAA seemed smaller than the RR 1AA 1W at first glance. I didn't actually put them side by side though because I was in a hurry.

mhubble

Enlightened
mhubble - how are the threads on this new light? Smooth, coarse, easy to cross-thread? They look good in your photos.

Threads are excellent, well machined.

Based on the blood splatter pattern, I'd say Colonel Mustard did it with the lead pipe at the front door.

LOL....Thats what happens when you give an 8 yr old a paint brush!!!

Modern_Major_General

Newly Enlightened
I grabbed one of the 2AA rebel versions today for fun. Unlike the 1AA, it has a reverse clicky, and from the looks of it they used the same reflector as the old luxeon version. The beem is well centered though, and its about as bright as the Terralux 2AA rebel from battery junction, so about 50-60 lumens.

PS - the tailcaps on the 2AA and 1AA are not interchangeable.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
There you guys go again... convincing me to buy stuff I don't really need.:broke:

Any gains by using a 3.6V rechargeable? I wonder if the 1AA uses the same driver as the 2AA? IIRC the River Rock 1AA gains lumens at 3.6V without going:poof:.

*edit* Pretty nice beam for a smooth reflector.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
The Energizer 2AA $35 Swivel light with red green is rather big and plastic, but it's a CREE and so is $15 2AAA Home Inspection light, both available at Lowe's

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I saw that 1AA light at Target a couple of days ago. Didn't buy it cause I have a River Rock 1watt, 1AA model. (Since both of them have the same clip, and the Energizer's checkering is very familiar; I'm guessing both are re-badged Nuwai models).

Still, the tint on my RR model is a bit on the blue side. I might get one for myself, and give one to my non-flashaholic best friend. I love clip-carried lights.

Thanks for posting this review. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

USM0083

Enlightened
I saw the 3W version at Target a few days ago. The package was open and the batteries loaded, so I tried it. Nice white tint, okay focus, about as bright as my EDC L2D on high, though it was hard to tell in the store.

EDIT: It has a reverse clicky.

Last edited:

Niteowl

Enlightened
Based on the blood splatter pattern, I'd say Colonel Mustard did it with the lead pipe at the front door.

I actually did LOL.... I thought it Professor Plum with the 6D.

It was all I could do to turn away when I saw this light. This post isn't helping, "forward clicky" is particularly disturbing in its attraction.

I've also been looking with great desire at the one lonely RR 1w hanging on a hook at Target for the last month or so. Same thing with the Dorcy "Super 1 watt" cr123. I've got "better" lights with Crees and SSCs. Still, I keep looking at these "outdated" lights.

What the heck is wrong with me? :ohgeez:

Last edited:

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I have just now had the time to open up this Energizer 1-AA and I have to say it had as much thread locker as any SureFire I have ever taken apart. It was a pain to open however the knurling gave good grip and some heat helped also.

The circuit is housed inside a threaded assembly and screws down inside the bezel for good heatsinking. I just noticed the entire curcuit appears to be the exact same as the one inside my RiverRock 1-AA luxeon as well. I just swapped the 2 circuits and the RR fits perfect and also screws into the bezel of the Energizer. They may not be the same as far as actual electronic parts however they are identical in appearance as well as size and type of threads.

Right now the only weakness I see is the tail cap covering. Mine activates just fine and is smooth to operate however the rubber covering feels very thin. It feels as if this would wear very quickly however time will tell I guess.

My RR has a better tint so I just left the RR circuit inside the Energizer and swapped them out. Now my Energizer has a little better tint and a nicer body with better knurling. The Energizer is more heavy than the RR and kind of reminds me of the old QIII body in a 1-AA form.....not a bad light for the cost at all.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the review, i might just have to check that out tonight when the wifey gets home from work.

richdsu

Newly Enlightened