voltage stepdown help and source parts

mr.squatch

Enlightened
Hey guys, I need some advice from those who know way more about this stuff than me. I want to add a flashing red LED to one of my lights. It's a 7.4-8.4v light depending on top charge. Ultimately I'd like to find a little board like a star that has everything built in for a flashy, just hook up switched power and go. I'm not too sure where to find something like that, so I figured I'd ask. If it's gotta be a lower voltage led can I just run a 3v (for example) diode and drop the voltage down to the little led? I'm going to give it it's own switch so I can run it with or without the main light going at the same time. Any input/advice greatly appreciated. I'm going to place it into a tailcap under the spring, so it has to be pretty small overall assembly. That's why I'm thinking a pre-built star with a little board on it would be optimal. Thanks in advance ;) Have a great weekend:wave:

g

mr.squatch

Enlightened
I've found a red cree on a star from both dx and kai for cheap, but they both are 1.9-2.2v Pretty close to exactly what I was picturing but I'll need to drop my voltage down and make it flash too. :shrug:

g