Surefire Z2D?

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
So why not? Will a strike bezel fit a Z2 or 6D or that kind of thing?

Would Surefire be able to sell these puppies? (I think yes!)

Does it seem like as good a combination to you guys as it does to me?

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
So why not? Will a strike bezel fit a Z2 or 6D or that kind of thing?

Would Surefire be able to sell these puppies? (I think yes!)

Does it seem like as good a combination to you guys as it does to me?

Yes, it would fit a Z2. I'm not sure I've heard of SureFire making a 6D though :thinking:

Regards,
Tempest

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire already has a 6PD Defender...It's a 6P with a strike bezel and clickie tailcap. You can buy the strike bezel in the marketplace for around $30 and put it on your Z2...or get one of the G&P strike bezels from mp or lighthound.

Then add an LED drop-in and you've got a Z2DL. :)

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am beginning to get serious vibes of "Hey, this would be a really good tactical EDC"

So, a CandlePowerForum special edition - would we want nitrolon or aluminum, and if so, what color hard anodized? Xenon, or Surefire stock LED?

I'm thinking it would go well with a P61L, but while I'm in fantasy land, maybe they contract with Gene Malkoff.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont see surefire doing a CPF special anytime soon....

you might as well ask them for an AA light while youre at it...

Crenshaw

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kinda what I was thinking, but I'll need a proper holster before it gets useful (read as: something that will keep it from poking me in the ribs so I actually carry the thing).

And forget a CPF special edition, think of all the mall ninjas, cops, and everyone else who would buy a flashlight like that - it's designed to be held so you can throw a punch with it.

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
I dont see surefire doing a CPF special anytime soon....

you might as well ask them for an AA light while youre at it...

Crenshaw

I thought this thread was about Z2D? Why do you have to mention the AA light? I can smell some sarcastic trolling. :sick2:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought this thread was about Z2D? Why do you have to mention the AA light? I can smell some sarcastic trolling. :sick2:

I think he was simply using the AA light (something often understood to be highly unlikely from SureFire) as a comparison for the likelihood of CPF special SureFire (as mentioned by the OP).

I can't really see a Z2D being made by SureFire.

it's designed to be held so you can throw a punch with it.

The grip used on the Z2/C2/M2 etc is designed to facilitate easy operation in conjunction with a firearm. The 6PD, E2D and upcoming E2DL are designed to act as an impact device if needed.

Of course, I am always liable to be proven wrong.

Regards,
Tempest

cfromc

Enlightened
With a couple packages of Surefire Lego, you can make just about anything. I have a 6PDL right now. 6PD head, 6P body and tailcap, P60L emitter, Z2 Lanyard. Sweet. Why wait for Surefire, make your own and sell the left-over parts.

icestud

Newly Enlightened
Any real falshaholic would just buy a 6PD and swap the heads. Thats what I did now I have another SF. Also the 6PD has an on/off click tail cap.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clicky tailcap would be bad here - every time you whacked someone, you'd toggle the light on or off ^_^

And yeah, there's the Surefire lego route, but that's expensive and I'm a broke college student for the moment.

cfromc

Enlightened
Clicky tailcap would be bad here - every time you whacked someone, you'd toggle the light on or off ^_^

And yeah, there's the Surefire lego route, but that's expensive and I'm a broke college student for the moment.

I don't know what your budget is but if you can snag a 6PD for $70, sell the Z59 for $30-35, buy the Z-41-BK for about $15, then your total cost of the light would be about $50-55. The Z-41-BK tailcap switches have been showing up a lot on CPFM lately.

lightemup

Flashaholic*
I've had a Z2DL since the 6pd and p60L first came out and its been a great combo :)

I had an older 6z, I bought a LOTC and 6pd bezel, swapped the P61 for a p60L from my G2L and Voila ;)