strip-low.png

Medium Output
H50-Q5 | H30-Q5
strip-med.png

High Output
H50-Q5 High | H30-Q5 High
strip-high.png

Image Processing Notes
1. Brightness levels increased in order to reveal over and underexposed details.
Low Output
H50-Q5 | H30-Q5
strip-low-25.png

Medium Output
H50-Q5 | H30-Q5
strip-med-25.png

High Output
strip-high-25.png

Lens Aperture: F2.8
Exposure: 1.0 Second
Distance From Wall: 18 Feet

Low Output
H50-Q5 | H30-Q5
low-hall.png

Medium Output
H50-Q5 | H30-Q5
med-hall.png

High Output
high-hall.png

Image Processing Notes
1. Brightness levels increased in order to reveal over and underexposed details.
Low Output
H50-Q5 | H30-Q5
low-hall-25.png

Medium Output
H50-Q5 | H30-Q5
med-hall-25.png

High Output
high-hall-25.png

Moon Illumination: 0 Percent

Baseline Control
control-sp.jpg

High Output
H50-Q5
h50-high-sp.jpg

H30-Q5
h30-high-sp.jpg

Image Processing Notes
Baseline Control
control-sp-25.jpg

High Output
H50-Q5
h50-high-sp-25.jpg

H30-Q5
h30-high-sp-25.jpg

Additional References
Image Processing Notes
2. Minimal unsharp masking (T=75) applied to offset downsizing image blur.

Last edited:

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Thanks for the beamshots... wow, quite a bit of a difference! Just wondering if you can post a shot down a hallway or something where we can get a sense of the spillbeam between the two.

supes

Enlightened
If the GITD holder is the same one shipped with the H50, then its comfortable to me. It is soft and pliable. I don't use it with the light though, so I don't know how well it conducts the heat when the light is on HIGH and hot.

That is a very interesting change in beam pattern. I need to definitely check this out. My H50 is indispensable to me. They really need to bring out a clicky button for the H50.

adamlau, that is exactly how to do beamshots with this kind of light! :clap: :thumbsup:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
H30 and H50 have the same head bands and rubber holders, but the H30's is black rather than GITD. I find them both very comfy. :)

Thanks for the beam shots adam! :)

Patriot

Flashaholic
Those are some fantastic comparison shots. I'm already excited about my H30 arriving but now I'm having trouble waiting. I like the more narrow angle and additional throw...if you can really call it that..? It will compliment the H50 nicely.

Thanks adam. :thumbsup:

RGB_LED

Enlightened
adamlau, those are awesome beamshots! The differences are more noticeable indoors than out - I had to look twice at the photos to see the difference in angles of the beams on the outdoors shots.

Thanks for posting. :goodjob:

Can hardly wait for my H30 to arrive... :crazy:

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sold my H50 because I felt the light was too diffused (not enough contrast while hiking, too much lights lost in the sky). This might suit my needs better. Maybe I'll get one...

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get one Sandy! The price is right and the light is a nice one. I got two yesterday and got Jeff to pull the trigger as well!

Karl

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great shots!

The pics really show the difference between the 2 headlamps.

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
I saw this and immediately wanted one, however I have to ask whether it is worth it. The size is cool but its only an increase of 15 lumens?

Also, when comparing the beamshots, why is the h30 have such a sharp edged beam when it is still essentially just an led?
Im not sure if i like the button design either. To me the twisty design was a thing of genius. Simple, reliable and tough.

To me, the basic design as a utility flood light I think is great and I dont see buying a new one for a15 lumen increase.

I really do love my H50 and one running off an 123 is cool too. Does anyone know if it takes rechargeables??

Last edited: