900-Lumen P7 5-Mode at DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supernam

Enlightened
Wow, fast!

If it's running at a full 2.8 on high mode, that thing is going to get HOT very quickly. I ran a P7 direct drive sitting on top of a DHS heatsink and was unable to hold it after about 20 seconds.

That strobe would be quite interesting though.

Needless to say, $44 is pretty darn cheap. That's a $15 dollar flashlight plus $30 emitter.

amv12

Newly Enlightened
wow already sold out in about an hour. Who knows if that's really a C bin.:shrug: Can't wait for a review to see if heat is going to be a problem.

kavvika

Enlightened
I'll admit, I'm surprised at how quick DX produced this. Sooo...Fenix can't be much far behind, right?:twothumbs

I think I'll stick to my Maglite hosts, wait for a nice CSVOH emitter, and make my own for just a little more.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dude....I missed it. Bogus. I've got to see one of these babies in action (P7). I just subscribed to the product updates, so I'll [hopefully] know when they're back in stock.

johnny13oi

Enlightened
Hi, I have been away from this flashlight business for a while now and this new P7 emitter seems very interesting. Would you rather get this P7 light or one of those quad cree flashlights for around the same price on DX. School has started to catch up really quick and have been trying to save up money to build a new computer as well.

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I have been away from this flashlight business for a while now and this new P7 emitter seems very interesting. Would you rather get this P7 light or one of those quad cree flashlights for around the same price on DX. School has started to catch up really quick and have been trying to save up money to build a new computer as well.
I want to Kai or DX come up with a quad Q7, 2s2p, driven by 2x LiIon C or D Cells. No drivers or anything, just fill a heavily-finned head with a solid chunk of copper, and solder the LEDs directly to it.

I'd like to see someone do that with a maglite:

>3000 lumens for >35mins runtime with 2 AW C-Cells :)

In a few years, that sort of ouput, but in a better color temp/color rendition, should be possible with a single emitter :eek: Not to mention that unlike HID or Incan, the LED offers the possibility of infinite dimming with increasing efficiency. I'd love to have a light that was 3000 lumens for 30 minutes, or 1/3rd lumen for 6 months, depending on the setting :D

phreeflow

Newly Enlightened
Dude...how'd I miss this light!??!:banghead:
I can't believe it sold out already :ironic:

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know what kind of electronics (if any) did MTE use, but I get 40-45 minutes runtime with mine P7 direct driven from 18650 battery.

Flash007

Enlightened
Will this run on (2) cr123 primaries, or will 6V smoke it?

I don't think this flashlight is compatible with 2x cr123 cells.

Also, 2,8A is too much for 2x cr123's or 2x RCR123's.

I am sure we can only use it safe with 18650 cell.

For me, the best configuration is a flashlight wich accept 2x 18650 protected cells.
Runtime will be longer, and not much longer (~20cm length for a flashlight with 2x 18650 cells).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.