New "Lifestyle-Fascination" lights

brightnorm

Flashaholic
New \"Lifestyle-Fascination\" lights

There were pictures of all lights in the paper catalog, which included wildly optimistic lumen figures for the 6v and 9v lights, both of which resembled SureFires with Goncz type heads

NEW "LIFESTYLE-FASCINATION" LIGHTS

Brightnorm

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: New Lifestyle-Fascination lights

Yeah, I have seen other Lifestyle-Fascination ads and was turned off by the high-enthusiasm, low-specifics nature of their copy, even though I was hoping these lights were all that they are touted to be.

I seem to get increasingly skeptical. I'm very reluctant to buy without seeing a review or two first.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast

I bought LF's private-labeled version of the Nuwai 6 LED, Xenon 2 * 123 aluminum light with plastic reflector for $39.95 when other sources were higher. LF simply reprinted Nuwai's specs and shipped promptly.

Lots of CPF'ers had reviewed this light before I ordered.

brightnorm

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
lemlux said:
I bought LF's private-labeled version of the Nuwai 6 LED, Xenon 2 * 123 aluminum light with plastic reflector for $39.95 when other sources were higher. LF simply reprinted Nuwai's specs and shipped promptly.

Lots of CPF'ers had reviewed this light before I ordered.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought it from them also. It's a good light reasonably priced

Brightnorm

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

My general opinion of Lifestyles is that the flashlights themselves are on the whole *OK* . Not amazing, not poor, but generally perfectly respectable. However, the folks writing the descriptions for LF`s catalog and web site obviously know very little about them, and seem willing to just blindly copy chunks of data-sheets and promotional material, adding a bit of fizz and sparkle here and there to jazz things up for the general public. I can`t really blame them, it lokos like they have to write a lot of copy for a lot of different products, and no-one can be expected to know everything about everything can they? Hence, a light that`s OK will frequently be made out to be something absolutely amazing, and when in reality it turns out to be just OK, dissapointment frequently results, at least among this community of the more en-light-ened ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ).

The handful of things I have bought from them have been fairly good, but were over-hyped and in most cases a little overpriced.

Their other fall-down point is their shipping. It took two months and two failed attempts by FedUpx for my last purchase to finally arrive - due to a f***-up with my address by LF. Previous purchases took a little while, but not excessive bearing in mind my overseas location. There have been several reports from other LF customers of slow shipping and non-responsive customer service, despite paying premium for quick shipping or making several attempts to get in touch with them, for example.

I will probably make another purchase from them one day, but I`ll spend a while looking round for alternative, better places to buy from first. I prefer to support dealers who`re honest about their products!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif