Two new Energizer Cree Flashlights

Marduke

Flashaholic
A while back we spotted a single mode Energizer Cree light at Sam's Club for $15.

While browsing Energizer's website, I found that they are apparently coming out with two even better ones. A 1xAA and 2xAA multimode Cree lights.

Links:
http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/elhmcl11.pdf
http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/elhmcl21.pdf

They are multiple modes at 65/110 lumens with multiple modes.

I would just like to make them known, so that an eye can be kept out for when they show up on some store shelf. Depending on where these show up, they could very well be the first EDC-able, high output, modern, multiple mode lights to be available to the general public B&M at hopefully a reasonable cost (<$30??).

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately they have tail switches. I bought one of the regular Energizer 2AA LED lights specifically because has a regular Mag form factor with the switch on the side. This is much more convenient for every day use.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw the two cell one at Target. Was 24.99 w/two lithium AA cells included...

--dan

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
These look very promising but, if you don't like the Nite Ize IQ switch (which have improved lots since the first version), then this light isn't for you.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good find. These could be a really nice buy for the average person as long as the price is reasonable.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! Great find... Thanks! Lately I have been looking for a tough, reliable, decently priced AA (lithium) light. For the $30-$40 the 2xAA light will cost, it looks like a great buy. + it is waterproof.... hopefully the tints will be decent.

Marduke

Flashaholic
These look very promising but, if you don't like the Nite Ize IQ switch (which have improved lots since the first version), then this light isn't for you.

Why? This light isn't from NiteIze and doesn't use that switch. They just have a similar name.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
30 minute auto shut off seems like a potential PITA to me, and pretty needless. I can see it turning itself off at just the wrong moment and that bothers me far more than the thought that I might acciedntly leave the light on.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Random thoughts...

Nice, Heck just about any Cree thats B&M available is a win-win.

One of my minor peeves is lights that don't have any anti-roll feature. Hard to tell from the pics but it doesn't look like it can head/tail stand and theres certainly no milled flat around its bezel. Maybe its shirt clip is the savior.

Reflector looks really small, shallow & smooth, I wonder what the beam will look like? IMHO a Khatod optic (like the one that guy uses in his drop ins) would have been a better choice.:thumbsup:

AlexSchira

Enlightened
I can their influences in the design and features, lot of companies are using the shut-off timer with broader customer bases. I don't like how they look so far, but I'm assuming that's a prototype. The anodizing looks similar to those cheap chrome things coming over from China, fine out of the box but can be scratched to heck within a day, standard Maglite-ish anodizing at least holds on longer. Energizer will never go near hard-anodizing, that much is certain.

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
New Energizer e2 Lithium AA & AAA flashlights

(Tried to make sure there's not already a thread on this before posting.)
Was browsing through the New Items on Brightguy.com and noticed these new lights:

http://www.brightguy.com/products/Energizer_e2_Lithium_LED_Flashlight_1_AA.php

http://www.brightguy.com/products/Energizer_e2_Lithium_LED_Flashlight_2_AA.php

http://www.brightguy.com/products/Energizer_e2_Lithium_LED_Flashlight_4_AAA.php

They use Cree XRE LEDs and appear to run much better with lithium AA & AAA cells.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Re: New Energizer e2 Lithium AA & AAA flashlights

Excellent, I've been looking for these since they showed up on their website. I posted a heads up about them a few weeks ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marduke

Flashaholic
They showed up for about $40 and $45

I would have liked them to be a little cheaper, but oh well. Maybe they will prove to be worth it.

Edit:

I do see that BOTH come with a bezel up, removable BELT CLIP!!!

I also like the ramp brightness

• advanced Azoteq IQ Switch® adjusts brightness to desired level
• pushbutton tail switch, press and hold to turn on, release at desired light level

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: New Energizer e2 Lithium AA & AAA flashlights

All lights run better on lithium AA and AAA cells (L91 and L92). It is much more apparent with high-power lights, though.

Marduke

Flashaholic
If you cannot bypass the auto-off then I think this will kill the deal for some.

Why? The NiteIze IQ switch has a 15 minute auto-off and no one seems to mind it. It makes the light safer, since it won't drain the cells if it accidentally comes on.

If you really need your light for more than 30 continuous minutes, what's the big deal with just flipping it back on when it warns you it's about to time out?