Should I worry (USPS Question)

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello guys. :wave:

I'm wondering If I have a bit of a problem.
I've bought something from ebay, and It was located in Southern California (about 1.5hrs away). I chose to get it shipped since gas is pretty pricey.

Ok, so It was shipped via USPS Priority mail w/insurance (sigh of relief).
It has been about a week and still no product.
I'm pretty worried since the item was around $320.

Tracking numbers say It was processed and left the facility Apr 2, after being electrically notified on March 31.

What do you guys/gals think?

Thanks

greenstuffs

Banned
:candle:
Hello guys. :wave:

I'm wondering If I have a bit of a problem.
I've bought something from ebay, and It was located in Southern California (about 1.5hrs away). I chose to get it shipped since gas is pretty pricey.

Ok, so It was shipped via USPS Priority mail w/insurance (sigh of relief).
It has been about a week and still no product.
I'm pretty worried since the item was around $320.

Tracking numbers say It was processed and left the facility Apr 2, after being electrically notified on March 31.

What do you guys/gals think?
Thanks

I had a package from CT that it was processed and left facility on march 20th still :candle: same status for over 2 weeks. You'll have to wait 30 days before you can claim insurance. I'd say somehow your package got stolen or miss routed. There is nothing you could do or worry about just sit tight and hope for the package to show at your door, i gave up my hopes after 1 week if its priority. I had a package shipped from Arcadia to Torrance first class and it only took 1 night.

Last edited:

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
:candle:

I had a package from CT that it was processed and left facility on march 20th still :candle: same status for over 2 weeks. You'll have to wait 30 days before you can claim insurance. I'd say somehow your package got stolen or miss routed.

Sigh.. making me feel much better. :crackup:

That's what I get for not driving.
It said It left the facility but, to where?
Thanks for the help.

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm terrible at waiting for packages so I can completely understand your angst. Whereas Priority Shipping from 1.5 hours away seems like it should have been delivered by now, I'd be patient until at least mid-week. Every now and then I've had Priority take even longer than Parcel Post. Rare, but it does happen. Hopefully it will show up tomorrow.
Cheers.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys, If It helps the package was about a 20in TV.

fnmag, I will hold on patiently to see what happens. I've never dealt with a lost package before.

Yeah, gas is terribly expensive. Good thing I have a trusty ol' toyota.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
No milky mods on your toyota?

Oh man, thanks for the laugh.
crackup.gif

Not until I get my package. :scowl:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
It never hurts to check with the post office.

Last month I took a tracking # to them to find out where my speakers were and they brought out three packages which I'd never been informed had arrived.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
i had same thing happen to me..i shipped item to cpf member here who was 30 miles about 1-2 hours away to, it took usps 5 days to deliver , i bet you get it tommorow...if not by the end of week i would really worry

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
i had same thing happen to me..i shipped item to cpf member here who was 30 miles about 1-2 hours away to, it took usps 5 days to deliver , i bet you get it tommorow...if not by the end of week i would really worry

Thanks for the info. Looks like there is a chance.
I'm hoping for tomorrow. C'mon USPS don't fail me now. :candle:

Kaichu, If it doesn't deliver tomorrow I will go and check the PO.
thanks for the advice.

Illum

Flashaholic
I'd give it two weeks

USPS is crazy in its ways of sorting, the mail gets picked up from a business/residence and dumps it in a sorting center [local post office], which then gets shipped via truck [or in some regions air] to the "central" processing facility, clears it, then transfer it to the local [or regional sorting centers] then transferred to the destination address.

you'd be surprised to know that I've done the experiment to mail an item to my next door neighbor. it took six days, almost a week:candle:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
you'd be surprised to know that I've done the experiment to mail an item to my next door neighbor. it took six days, almost a week:candle:
One the flip side of that, I've purchased things on eBay that were shipped from the southern US with the USPS, cleared Canadian customs, and was in my hands in about 10 days.

Illum

Flashaholic
One the flip side of that, I've purchased things on eBay that were shipped from the southern US with the USPS, cleared Canadian customs, and was in my hands in about 10 days.

I admit there are times when the post office mails things quicker than expected...but don't expect them to do this ALL the time:ohgeez:

All I know is in the past, jeers regarding items lost or not shipped often resolves within two weeks, hence the advice:thumbsup:

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd give it two weeks

USPS is crazy in its ways of sorting, the mail gets picked up from a business/residence and dumps it in a sorting center [local post office], which then gets shipped via truck [or in some regions air] to the "central" processing facility, clears it, then transfer it to the local [or regional sorting centers] then transferred to the destination address.

Then your sorting facility is pretty far away. I can get mail in 2 days from D.C.

bluesaber

Newly Enlightened
This is why I only use UPS.

UPS has the best tracking system money can buy and you always know where your package is.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
For items that do not cost too much I think USPS Priority, tracking is ok. However, for expensive items I am starting to use UPS, and insurance is cheaper too.

Bill