Pentagon L2 upgrades or improvements?

FlyPenFly

Newly Enlightened
Just wondering, are there any good LED upgrades or other improvements I can make to the light?

spoonrobot

Enlightened
There aren't any aftermarket parts that are made for the L2.

However, if you are so inclined to break the adhesive holding the bezel shut you can open the head, remove the stock lamp assembly and add a P60-sized drop-in.

The drop-in will rattle since the P60 reflector size is 26mm and the Pentagonlight size is 27mm, but it will function fine because the lengths are the same.

FlyPenFly

Newly Enlightened
There aren't any aftermarket parts that are made for the L2.

However, if you are so inclined to break the adhesive holding the bezel shut you can open the head, remove the stock lamp assembly and add a P60-sized drop-in.

The drop-in will rattle since the P60 reflector size is 26mm and the Pentagonlight size is 27mm, but it will function fine because the lengths are the same.

What if you put some electical tape around the reflector? I think that might tighten it up?

spoonrobot

Enlightened
I used an index card cut to shape and wrapped around the lamp assembly when I ran a P90 in my X2 head, but I assume that would insulate the LED engine too much. Maybe some kind of thin sheet metal or something else that would transfer the heat better?