Cyalume (Traser?) ring - Flashlight finder idea

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
All -

I saw these at walmart (party supplies) and thought that the plastic ring looked the right size to fit over the barrel of a Minimag. Sure enough it does.

You can slide it up to the base of the head of the minimag for anti-roll use and insert one of the 2 included tiny 1" lightsticks to make the light easy to find for 8 hours - kind of a US legal traser. Cost? $1.00 Good for all those minimag mods (opalec, Ill pill, madmax, inretech, etc.)

Now for the interesting part - from the pics of the Traser glowrings I would be willing to bet that the inner element of the Traser will fit in this ring and can be glued in, so if you have a Traser with a broken case, this may work as a replacement case that you can use in some circumstances. The ring does not form a complete loop, but at least it's a hard plastic clear case.

Enjoy!

http://store5.yimg.com/I/villagestreetwear_1731_84312938

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey, i thought trasers where illegal in the US? how come the keyring ones are illegal, and yet they can sell these?

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
whoops, my bad, didnt read thru carefully. sorry, its still early here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.
BTW, i just got 2 genuine trasers this morning, and id highly reccomend them, these suckers really are bright (specially the green ones)

Latest posts