Only One Month and Look What You Guys Did To Me!?

Centropolis

Enlightened
I've only had two Maglites with LED mods before I joined this forum last month. And now, I have all these flashlights (see sig) thanks to being on this forum and reading lots of stuff about flashlights.

I am officially addicted! :)

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are not alone.

I showed up here in the beginning of February, owning one 3 C-cell Maglite, and one Mini-Mag, which had just expired. I went to Cabelas and bought two insexpensive lights, a $10 Maglite clone, and Streamlight Twin Task 1L. I pondered these for a couple of days, and thinking there must be something better, got online, ended up here, and now:

1. TerraLux drop-in for my 3C Mag;
1. Fenix L2P v2.0 & L1P body;
1. Huntlight FT-02XJ;
1. Civictor v1;
1. Romisen RC-G2;
1. Romisen RC-A3;
1. Romisen RC-N3;
1. Ultrafire SS C3.

And now, I'm thinking of plunking down about $50 bucks for an EDC light, and I've been dubbed a flashaholic by the CPF powers that be.

Patriot

Flashaholic
You are not alone.

I showed up here in the beginning of February, owning one 3 C-cell Maglite, and one Mini-Mag, which had just expired. I went to Cabelas and bought two insexpensive lights, a $10 Maglite clone, and Streamlight Twin Task 1L. I pondered these for a couple of days, and thinking there must be something better, got online, ended up here, and now:

1. TerraLux drop-in for my 3C Mag;
1. Fenix L2P v2.0 & L1P body;
1. Huntlight FT-02XJ;
1. Civictor v1;
1. Romisen RC-G2;
1. Romisen RC-A3;
1. Romisen RC-N3;

1. Ultrafire SS C3.

And now, I'm thinking of plunking down about $50 bucks for an EDC light, and I've been dubbed a flashaholic by the CPF powers that be.

I'll bet you'd enjoy owning a Surefire. Some are their models are great to edc.

EVOeight

Newly Enlightened
I joined CPF in late 2005. I have purchased so many flashlights since then, my friends think I have a sickness (photonitus majoralious). It is very addictive for sure. I was going to post a picture of all of my flashlights but I only have a 3 megapixel camera. They just won't fit in one frame :)

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow I'm not worthy. I only have the L2D Q5 and Leatherman Monarch since Dec 07.

But I have to watch my spending very closely in this strange economy. :(

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll bet you'd enjoy owning a Surefire. Some are their models are great to edc.

Yep. I like that E1L Outdoorsman with the high/low, and the E1B(?) Backup. I find it heard, given my lifestyle/employment and bona fide need (or lack of same) to justify spending $100 -$125 for a flashlight. Then again, I've already spent about that much in the past couple of months, and I'm pretty sure one of these SFs will end up, either from my own wallet or via a gift, in my hands within the next year or so. I'd been kicking around the idea of getting a G2 incan for a while just before the end of the year, but then I caught the LED bug.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow I'm not worthy. I only have the L2D Q5 and Leatherman Monarch since Dec 07.

But I have to watch my spending very closely in this strange economy. :(

Very worthy, actually. You've bought a very nice light in that L2D Q5. You should note that most of my purchases were actually inexpensive: RC-N3 $18; RC-A3 $15; RC-G2 $11; SS C3, $21.00. And two of those were for gifts. I've also seriously chopped expenses in other areas this year, so the lights aren't having an impact on the overall budget. I'm watching my spending like a hawk, too. It may be an 'interesting' few years ahead economically, I'm afraid.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your not the only one that has had to watch there spending.......i recently gave up RC racing for just a couple of weeks so i can afford some new lights....lol.....i have tons of spare parts that i might sell off to get more.