flashlight case

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
finally i found it ...i have a tool kit with a case similiar to this and ive been trying to find it sold separately without the tools and bigger to accommodate thickness of a mag , bingo the perfect size 3 inches deep to accommodate foam padding and 2 inch thickness mag head , got a few design choices too , .... this group size i like

just gotta remove the cd holders and replace with padding , config like this for lighting on the go in sleek stealth case, you see 1d mag w/malkoff ,body extensions 1d & 2d , 3aa to 1d battery holder & 2 heads one with smo throw and other for textured for flood + spare batteries all in 1 case

Last edited:

pbs357

Enlightened
Nice! Where'd you get the padding? I ended up buying a $30 aluminum pistol case from eBay, but while it looks very cool, it also screams "steal me" when sitting in my car (so I don't do that!).

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
ive got one of those aluminums as well and yes its a bit to flashy for one flashlight, the padding i had some laying around but i know you can get some at sears ,they sell them for drawers for the tool chests i remember seeing some nice thick padding which you can cut to shape last time i went to sears..i think this is it

this is the aluminum i have , if i pulled a flashlight out of it i would get some weird looks :laughing:

Last edited:

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Way back when I first got into flashlights, my entire collection fit in an Otter case I got from Battery Station. The case originally came full of CR123 cells, and I hogged out the foam to fit all of 4 lights (SF L4, Nuwai Q3, big Q3, and a Peak Caribean).

I soon outgrew that, and decided to build up a Zero Halliburton case. I figured I'd never fill it up, and would store cells and chargers in it as well.

I used various foam from different sources, including pick and pluck Pelican foam to fill the case and encase the lights. I fabricated a hinged top shelf for lights 1" or smaller, and the bottom for bigger lights like my M6.

By the time I finished, my collection had already outgrown it.

Someday I'll get organized and customize it for my keepers and Aleph legos, but for now it's just waiting.

Here are some pics along with my original Otter case:

dsc1149ab3.jpg

dsc1147rn5.jpg

dsc1146bh4.jpg

Last edited: