Mag85 Battery question

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Let them rest for a bit before putting them into the light.

If the batteries are 1.4v hot off the charger and you haven't done any resistance mods, then the bulb should be fine handling the batteries hot off the charger. The resistance within the light should be enough to lower the voltage under the :poof: threshold.

Let them rest just in case though.

litho123

Enlightened
A couple of hours should be safe. I re-charge the cells overnight and let the cells rest while I'm at work. When I get home, they're ready to get to work!

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Fivemega holder in a mag 3D with 9 Energizer 2500, kiu socket and tail spring resistance fix, pro-golded all contacts...
some times I've used the light with batts hot of the charger. Never flashled one bulb on start-up, but I'm on the second WA1185 and WA 1306. the light is 1/2 year old:whistle:

so, in conlusion if you don't need the light let batteries rest for about 1-2 hours and in this way you'll save your bulb from a short life!:thumbsup:

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Fivemega holder in a mag 3D with 9 Energizer 2500, kiu socket and tail spring resistance fix, pro-golded all contacts...
some times I've used the light with batts hot of the charger. Never flashled one bulb on start-up, but I'm on the second WA1185 and WA 1306. the light is 1/2 year old:whistle:

so, in conlusion if you don't need the light let batteries rest for about 1-2 hours and in this way you'll save your bulb from a short life!:thumbsup:

I have recived my ELITEs 1700 today, I charged them and left them rest for one hour and alf, then I put the battery pack in the flashlight and....
insta flashed the bulb!:sigh:

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Mag85 has a Hotdriver regulator for soft-start and full regulation, so it can be used straight off the charger. I think AW's soft-start switch can be used the same way, although without regulation.

To me, this kind of switch is the only way to go. Even if you don't insta-flash the bulb, you shorten its life without soft-start or regulation.