NiteCore Finally Here! and an L0D-CE too...

m2usa

Newly Enlightened
Man that took a long time! No, they didn't come together. I bought the NiteCore from hkequipment and thought it was taking a LONG time to get here, but it finally made it. I also ordered the L0D-CE from Fenix Store and it arrived as well. Both really great little lights. I'm excited to start using the NiteCore as my EDC with the L0D-CE on the keychain. Hmmm... I wonder if I'll be carrying all three when the E01 shows up later this month??? Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm excited to have new toys to play with for a while. Have a good one!

DrunkenDonut

Newly Enlightened
Sure you'll carry them all! One light for every pocket! Until then, you won't have "too many" ;) Even when your pockets are full there's still a neck chain light, holster light, headlamp .. :whistle:

Have fun with your new toys! The NDI is a great light. I'm going to order up an E01 or two some time this week, so I look forward to that.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Glad they arrived safely.

Don't worry, you'll be able to carry them all at once. Nitecore will be the EDC, L0D-CE will be the keychain, the E01 will be the backup.

How do you like them?

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
carrying only three? im in the office, and i have 7 lights (including the ARC-P and Xlight on my keychain)
:D
Crenshaw

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
carrying only three? im in the office, and i have 7 lights (including the ARC-P and Xlight on my keychain)
:D
Crenshaw
It's folks like you that make the rest of us feel like we're under-armed.

Even though I've got L2D Q5, Leatherman Monarch, and 2 maglite AAs w/ LED conversions, I feel like I need to have a AAA light and a AA light to carry around.

Thanks for nothing, from my wallet!! :candle: :sick:

m2usa

Newly Enlightened
Heh... yeah, I'm sure I'll carry them all. I had the Camo ARC AAA clipped-in to a pocket too. What's wrong with me!? I think I have EDC-itis since I carry three flashlights, and a bunch of other stuff too. I'm going to need a bat-belt to carry it all.

Anyway, just to show what came in the mail today, here is a small photo of the two wonderlights:

NDI-n-L0D.jpg

I usually take photos of people, so sorry if these aren't up to snuff! :rolleyes:

- mike

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's folks like you that make the rest of us feel like we're under-armed.

Even though I've got L2D Q5, Leatherman Monarch, and 2 maglite AAs w/ LED conversions, I feel like I need to have a AAA light and a AA light to carry around.

Thanks for nothing, from my wallet!! :candle: :sick:

Well todays special, i just had to carry my C2+malkoff cos it arrived yesterday
and i had to carry my L1 cos its another surefire i have

so usually i only carry 5..:whistle:

OMG, is that the olive finish?! beautiful! now i need to get one...:ohgeez:

Crenshaw

m2usa

Newly Enlightened
How long did your Nitecore take to arrive from hkequipment, m2usa?

Mine is on the way too.

7histology- well, on 3/12 is when I sent my PayPal payment. Then about a week ago I pinged them to see how long they thought it would take to get it to CA. They said,

"We mail your item(s) three days after receiving your payment. Since we ship from HONG KONG by Hong Kong Post International Airmail Service. Normally, you will receive the package after 7-16 working days. Sometimes may take longer. Thanks for your business!"

So I figured I was near the tail end of that estimate. I tell you, I went out to the mailbox everyday hoping it would be in there. That's why I was so stoked to get it and the L0D all in one day!

I'm sure yours will be to you shortly. Hang in there!

Last edited:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy m2usa and welcome to CPF,
Gee, that's a nice start to your collection....... and by the way, that photo is not only up to snuff, but I'd say it is quite elegant. Enjoy your new lights.

Thanks m2usa. I ordered about 2 weeks ago so judging by your experience, there is a couple days to go. For which no real problem.

But I am in Oz and don't really see why it takes HK Post so long to get stuff here.

m2usa

Newly Enlightened
By my calculations that is 25 calendar day!!!!!!!! Way longer than the 7-16 working days.

Well, I guess I figured it was like this:

3/12: That's Wed. my time, but Thursday HK time. Add on an additional day, and they probably don't really think about it until Friday or maybe even Monday which is 3/17

Add on three "business days" and you're out to 3/20.

Add on an additional 16 working days and you're out to 4/11 before you can really say it isn't here based on their estimate. I guess I was trying to be hopeful that it didn't vanish into nothing in the mail and that it would make it.

I will say though that other HK vendors have shipped much more quickly. Since this was a high priced item, I was hanging in there that it would make it to me. Glad it did!

m2usa

Newly Enlightened
Howdy m2usa and welcome to CPF,
Gee, that's a nice start to your collection....... and by the way, that photo is not only up to snuff, but I'd say it is quite elegant. Enjoy your new lights.

Thanks for the nice welcome. I'm having a good time here, and I'm glad the photo was acceptable :)

FrankW438

Newly Enlightened
Well, I guess I figured it was like this:

3/12: That's Wed. my time, but Thursday HK time. Add on an additional day, and they probably don't really think about it until Friday or maybe even Monday which is 3/17

Add on three "business days" and you're out to 3/20.

Add on an additional 16 working days and you're out to 4/11 before you can really say it isn't here based on their estimate. I guess I was trying to be hopeful that it didn't vanish into nothing in the mail and that it would make it.

I will say though that other HK vendors have shipped much more quickly. Since this was a high priced item, I was hanging in there that it would make it to me. Glad it did!

Thanks for the timeline! I ordered mine from the same vendor on 3/30. If I use your math, I should be looking at 4/25 or thereabouts. I guess I am just not used to waiting that long for my order to arrive. But then again, I don't often buy things from overseas like this.

So, my question is:

Was it worth the wait?

-- Frank

m2usa

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the timeline! I ordered mine from the same vendor on 3/30. If I use your math, I should be looking at 4/25 or thereabouts. I guess I am just not used to waiting that long for my order to arrive. But then again, I don't often buy things from overseas like this.

So, my question is:

Was it worth the wait?

-- Frank

Well, I like it, and I think it works really well all things considered. I have a JetBeam CL-E v.2 that I was EDCing before the NDI showed up. The power of the NDI is higher than the CL-E, so it's nice to have when needed. I never really used the other advanced features on the CL-E like strobe or SOS (but my brother thought it was the coolest thing), but the same quality is there in the manufacturing like the JetBeam. The forward clickie is sweet though since that is what I'm used to from my Surefires. I do wish it had a lower low though. I thought it would be dimmer for late night use, but it's OK.

In any case, I think the light is well made, but it is a bit expensive. If I could have gotten it around $50 to $60 it would have been nice. I'm sure you'll like it, and when it shows up, be sure to let everyone know how happy you are that you got it. :)

Latest posts