Should I buy the Maglite Solitaire until I get the E01?

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at Walmart and Target this weekend looking longingly at the Maglite Solitaire (I don't have any AAA lights), wondering if I should spend the $5 to buy the light until I get the E01.

The $5 is not that big of a deal, it's the thought that the Maglite Solitaire will be wasted / sitting unused after I get the E01, since I really don't like incandescent bulbs.

So while I was oh so tempted to buy the Solitaire, I'm counting down the days til the E01 is readily available.

Should I order the Solitaire to tide me over for the week or two until the E01 is readily available or should I save my $5? :shrug:

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's my thoughts exactly guys. It's a tiny amount of money but I hate waste.

Thanks for the confirmation.

nbp

Flashaholic
Leave it on the shelf for someone (unlightened who doesnt know its pretty crappy compared to what they could have) to buy. You'll be just fine till next week or so when all our E01s start rolling in. :popcorn:

Brigadier

Enlightened
You can get the Solitaire and then the LED from Lighthound. Makes it a much better light.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your better off getting something from DX for just a couple of bucks more.

Save your money

AlexGT

Burgess

Flashaholic
Yep, the Mag Solitaire is JUNK !

( where's the Barf icon ? ? ? )

:barf:

_

Tiantang78

Newly Enlightened
I bought my little bro one as a gift. It cost like $13.50 AUD here, definately not worth it after looking at what Fenix has got to offer. PASS! Get the L0D or something?

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would wait for the E01, I have both the Solitaire and the earlier Fenix EO and the Fenix
is by far the better choice

paulr

Flashaholic
Get a pack of fauxtons, they're much better than the solitaire.

pbs357

Enlightened
Yeah pass on the stock Solitaire. It served a purpose some years ago but is so old tech that it's not worth buying, especially if you have an E01 on the way. I hate to waste a light, but I found mine and compared to my E0, I can't justify keeping a battery in it! :thumbsdow

lumenal

Enlightened
Brigadier - Nice shots! I like your modded Solitaires! And aren't those MicroStreams great?!?

OP - Put that $5 towards some new cells for your EO1. :)

bobofish

Newly Enlightened
Let me be the voice of dissent...
Why not, it's just $5 and you can leave it in your car or in your desk, or whatever. AAA's are everywhere, and rarely have I ever had one go bad on me...you can forget about that light and have a little (dim) emergency light that causes you no problems.

As a side benefit, you're sending $5 to US business as penance for buying a Chinese product. :D

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not, it's just $5 and you can leave it in your car or in your desk, or whatever. AAA's are everywhere, and rarely have I ever had one go bad on me...you can forget about that light and have a little (dim) emergency light that causes you no problems.
I disagree.
Get one of these or one of these instead. Cheaper, brighter, more efficient.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, getting a Mag Solitaire is not a bad idea for educational purposes. If you make sure you have both lights with you, you can demonstrate to people that Maglite are not the ultimate flashlight (a 99.999999999% misconception here in the UK).

I have a Maglight Solitaire, and it is fun to demonstrate its ability against something a little smaller :devil::crackup:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, getting a Mag Solitaire is not a bad idea for educational purposes. If you make sure you have both lights with you, you can demonstrate to people that Maglite are not the ultimate flashlight (a 99.999999999% misconception here in the UK).

I have a Maglight Solitaire, and it is fun to demonstrate its ability against something a little smaller :devil::crackup:
Stop picking on the poor Solitaire. You should be demonstrating a great big 3D Maglight against something a wee bit smaller :devil:

Kinda like what Mr. Glow Gadgets was doing here.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=isfuJ8ru7Xk
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

By the time I get the accessories for my Solitaire it cost a fortune and still is not very useful.
Solitaire.jpg