L1D Question

tkoden

Newly Enlightened
Do you guys think that a L1D or P2D would withstand the recoil of a .40 S&W or .45 ACP pistol. I am looking at a pistol that has a rail under the barrel and once I buy the gun I will be tapped out for a while. I was thinking if my light could handle the recoil that maybe I could put it under there till I can afford something a little nicer. Am I nuts to think the light would survive under there or is it possible that it would be ok for a little while?

rodmeister

Enlightened
I'm a big fan of Fenix lights but wouldn't trust one on my guns for self-defense. Save up the money and buy a light specifically designed for pistols.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
A suggestion: Why not pistol in one hand (in my case, right hand) and light in another hand (left) ?

L1D fits perfectly because of it´s tail clickie.

Alero

Enlightened
I'd bet money that the L1D would be a great pistol light. I'd probably go for a P2D though. The single 123 battery is a little shorter and it will last 10 years in the tube.

FrankW438

Newly Enlightened
In a tactical situation, with your pistol in hand and a badguy in the vicinity, I would certainly want something with a momentary switch. That is not possible with the reverse-clickie on the Fenix L1D/L2D. Besides, the Fenix clickie is pretty noisy if you are trying to remain undetected.

If you want a handheld flashlight, look for a something with a forward clickie and about a BILLION LUMENS. Okay, I exaggerate. But in a life and death situation, I want to control the light.

I have nothing against the Fenix L1D. In fact, I carry one in my shirt pocket as a backup light. It's a great general purpose flashlight, but not one I'd want to use in a firefight.

-- Frank