New Fenix TK10: The clip sucks. Carry options?

Templar223

Newly Enlightened
I got my new TK10 last week.

Great little light and Fenix did a nice job listening to us and correcting some of the shortcomings of the T-1.

While they corrected some of the problems, they created a new one: The clip.

In short, even if you can get that clip to go outside your pants (and not into the seam), about 50% of the light's mass is outside the pocket and this creates an unstable condition where the light is prone to flip itself out.

At this point, I've removed the clip and installed the flange that allows the cigar-hold, even though I usually use the Harries (sp?).

Does anyone have any leads of kydex light holsters that this light might be compatible with? They cheesy velcro pouch is not only inconvenient, but also doesn't lend itself to quick and quiet presentation of the light.

Thanks.

John

Das Boot

Newly Enlightened
I tried that holster.... didn't work. It would have been perfect. :shakehead

LargePig

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure I read in another thread that the main body is exactly 1 inch.

pumbaah

Newly Enlightened
just got mine today, haven't installed the clip yet, so far looking good :D

silvalis1

Newly Enlightened
Got my TK10 today, the black version.

Really nice, but I agree that the clip is really crap. Mine's a bit side-side wobbley when installed. Seems like the clip is pretty much only meant for belts and the like, as the thing is too heavy for shirt pockets.

On the plus side, it's got huge clamping force.

I'd have the grip ring in, but it gets annoying when you slip it into a pocket...

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree that the clip is worthless. The holster is quite nice, although I am not the holster type and would have preferred a better clip. I would imagine if I needed the light for tactical use, the holster might be a bit tight for quick removal if the tactical ring is attached. The flap may also not be appropriate on a tactical holster, since it gets in the way of quickly pulling out the light. It appears that Fenix designed the holster for non tactical use, probably because most users will never use this light in tactical situations. Some might argue the appropriateness of this mixed design philosophy since this light is marketed as a tactical light. I think it is analagous to divers watches. The majority of people who buy and use diver's watches never dive. That's why you will see diver's watches with leather straps, jeweled bezels, and other features not appropriate for divers.