LF3 vs MTE C3 SSC quick comparison

glenda17

Enlightened
I think I know why you don't here more about KD or DX flashlights. Its because posts like mine here lead to the lights being sold out and people want to keep them a secret so they can hoard them ;)

Now I have a $60 flashlight (LF3) being compared to a $21 flashlight ( MTE C3-70101 SSC)

The LF3 has a cumbersome UI, we all know that. But the performance is no better than the $20 MTE. In fact the MTE is brighter and has a bigger flood. The MTE has a smoother transition from the hotspot. The quality of the threads are better on the MTE. The low on the MTE is nice and low but not as low as the LF3 can be programmed.

The LF3 IMO is too dim on 100% for a CR123A light. The reflector design is odd as well, it is a deep thrower reflector but the LED isn't being driven hard enough for throw. So what you get is a floody beam that isn't very wide if that make sense.

I am realativly new at this but it seems the KD/DX lights provide a better value than the premium chinese brands.

glenda17

Enlightened
I also recieved the new MTE C3 Q5, its is very bright but doesn't have a GITD switch and has a newer body style. It does have a smoother beam than my Fenix L1D Q5 and just as bright. Too bad it is for my sister's B-Day present.