SureFire 6P Following

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I don't know about you folks, but I seem to go through phases where I become absolutely fascinated (ok, maybe obsessed) about different styles of light from time to time. Currently, that fascination is with the SureFire 6p.

So, the question is how many of you folks actually use the 6P on a frequent basis, rather than just leaving it on a shelf collecting dust? frequent basis, rather than just leaving it on a shelf collecting dust?

avusblue

Enlightened
I use mine (in gunmetal) probably at least two to three times a week. It's in the center console of my car and I use it to light up street signs or house numbers, and to light up the dark recesses of the black interior when vaccuuming. I replace the batteries probably once a month on average. I guess with 60 minutes runtime, that works out to about 30 seconds per day?

I have a G2 Nitrolon in the glove box as a backup, but nothing beats the aestetic purity and beauty of the 6P. I also keep a CMG Ultra in the ash tray and a ElektroLumens Blaster II in the trunk.

Dave

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Hey Nascar,

I have two 6P's (old model, round bezel, dome rear tail switch) that I've owned for a number of years. They're a little banged up - and I did see your post about WTB an old version round bezel - During that time, I've used them constantly. I had one at work and one at use at home/EDC. They're not the most compact flashlight, but they're just so darn durable that I still carry them around - even though I have a new C2 HA that I bought to replace my EDC.

My C2-HA is sitting in my safe. Go figure. Well, to tell you the truth, I was considering putting one up for sale, along with an adapter for converting it to use the B65 rechargeable battery as well as throwing in the nylon holster for it (and old version recharger). But this particular SureFire 6 (as it was originally called) needs some sandblasting on its finish /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ~ okay, it's not that bad. In fact, it's held up quite well over the years. Here's a pic:

fc6ad3dc.jpg

And yep, I too go through those phases as well. I find it constructive at times - it's quite a hobby.

-Jim

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a new style 6P and an old style 9P with round pipe. I don't use either nearly enough. I just have too many flashlights and only two hands to operate them with. The 6P remains a pleasure though. It is probably the best light out there for a tactical grip (at least for my sizeable hands). It is a very good example of Surefire at its best.

Cheers.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
this-is-nascar

The adapter is the A14 which is the A size, exactly 1.5 times the length of the A19. It allows you to use a B65 with a 6P and a P60.

It also allows you to use an A NiMH or AA along with one @ 123 to drive a KL3 on a 3P.

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's the A14. Part of the kit that converts the 6P to 6R. It's so the B65 rechargeable battery will fit.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Yep, I don't know what it is...I know darned well I have way too many flashlights for my actual needs. I think of long term storage, emergency situations, need one that throws far, another for flood type lighting, "bump in the night - blast em' with photons" torch, EDC type...so yeah, different fascinations/obsessions.

So I got on the "Lego Set" kick with the 6P. I've got one setup with a Turbohead/A19, another with M2 bezel and a Z49 clickie, another with a shock isolated bezel...I was going to set one up with a KL3/A19...just need another A19...

But in general, my 6Ps are my "bump in the night" lights.

kz1000s1

Enlightened
I have late model 6P that I use as a general purpose light around the house, for walks at night and nightstand duty. An E2e just replaced it for my extra bright EDC. It did get carried in a belt pouch sometimes.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I still have my first two 6P's, retrofitted with LOTC's. Functionally they've hardly been improved upon after all these years.

The only reason I don't carry one now is my preference for EDC'ing the three "superlong-throw" 2x123s, which I rotate every week or so.

I may or may not go back to carrying the 6Ps, but I will never part with them.

Brightnorm

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I have one of the old round ones- converted it to a 9P with a P91 LA. Pull it out occasionally out in the desert /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif .

Larry

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 6Ps and never really have had a chance to use them (and have been considering putting up for sale). They seem to be really nice lights (like any Surefire isn't, IMO) but I just have found ones that work better for my specific need (Scorpion in my car, 9N for general use, etc.)

-Mike

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
my first surefire was a new-style 6P, and i liked its clean lines (i liked the old design better) and simplicity, but it wasn't very suited for EDC if you don't have a holster for it. i settled on a C2 which i've been regularly using, and my 6P has been sitting around in my drawer.

i would sell it for some extra cash, but it does hold some sentimental value for me since it was my first surefire. i still can't forget my excitement and awe when i first removed it from the blister pack and admired its sculpted lines, felt its reassuring weight and heft, etc. part of its appeal to me was being the classic surefire that started it all. the first time i saw one was in a gun magazine i was browsing at the airport.

i was taken aback at that time, since i'd always thought maglites were the best lights you could get and ever since then, i'd been wanting to get one. the 6P holds for me the same appeal that the classic shape of a coke bottle or 3D maglite presents /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif the P60 of my 6P gave out on the second day for no reason, but that's another story /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Blikbok

Enlightened
I admit I like the simple lines of the 6p and 9p which defy the current product line. Though with the E2e, I have more interest in the 9p than the 6.