Surefire UA2 Optimus Will you OPtimize?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have read and re read the catalog pages describing the UA2.
I have tried as best I can to cut through the marketing buzz.
What I get out of it is that Surefire has designed an amazing focus-able bright as heck flashlight with multiple levels which is small light and ultra cool.
Having read this information and being an avid flashlight geek I have not seen anything which comes close.
I for one am looking forward to the release of this light.
My flashlight collection(if you want to call it that) is a approximately 50/50 mix between custom and semi custom flashlights and commercially manufactured flashlights.
I like having a mix. I really enjoy seeing what companies manage to design and produce.
This is really a high tech age we live in. IMHO the UA2 is at the bleeding edge of flashlight technology.
There is new technology in several areas.
Driver, optics (focus-able), switching, power management (fuel gauge), all in a tiny little light roughly the size of an A2.
Surefire says
"It's the pinnacle of everything SureFire's founder and president, Dr. John Matthews, has
been working toward his entire 40-year career."
That is really saying something...

Remember the A2? this is/was a very high tech flashlight as well.
The UA2 will be taking the crown for technology in a flashlight.
I don't know about you But I will have one... I will have to save up for a while but I will.
What about you? Will you plonk down $279 for a non custom flashlight?
Does this kind of light interest you?
Does it look as cool to you as it does to me?
Have you even looked at the catalog? (if not do).
Do you think that surefire missed anything?
This is not a thread about the UB2 so lets not get off on that tangent (ya I know it is brighter and uses the P7...) Lets stick to the UA2.

So where are you at with the UA2?
Yaesumofo

Status
Not open for further replies.