Hello + Inova T4 MP question

OilLamp

Newly Enlightened
Hi my name is Jake. And I have a problem. This is Flashlights anonymous correct? :D

There I feel much better now. Glad to join everyone on here. I have been an onlooker for a while now lurking in the shadows. Hope to learn alot and contribute when I can.

Starting off with a question. I am currently looking for a new LED flashlight. I own an older version of the Inova T4 for about a year. Was wondering if anyone had any beamshots of the new T4 MP. Or have any experience with the newer one. Putting out an advertised 175 Lumen. My requirements are a flashlight that puts out around 175 and can be used as a rechargeable. Any recommendations??? I have read alot of reviews on the Tiablo A9 thanks to everyone here. Is it available with a rechargeable set up. If so, What would you recommend as far as batteries & charger for the Tiablo A9.

Thanks ahead of time

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The A9 is much more of a thrower then the T4. If you want rechargeable, look at the A8 + 18650 batteries. The A9 works with 2 RCR123 batteries. The Dereelight DBS would throw a bit further then both the A9 and A8 and the DBS is also much easier to upgrade.

I don't remember any reviews but the T4 should have the same beam pattern as your 2007 T4 and with a warm tint.

What do you need the light for?
What's your price range?

:welcome:

OilLamp

Newly Enlightened
I have a cap of 250. And I just want a nice flashlight to use to guide myself down to the beach. Use in the woods. No serious demands. But want it to be a pretty good thrower to light up the neighbors garage door and surrounding trees.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Well, the A9 and DBS both should be able to hit targets at 200 meters(and still be usable). They have a really narrow hotspot that would not be good for close range and maybe middle range.

The Dereelight CL1H or similar light might be better.

You can also buy 18650 batteries and chargers and still be well withing your budget. Most would recommend AW's batteries.

The Fenix T10 might also be good(8% off coupon at Fenix Store is "CPF8"), but it might not be as easy to upgrade as the CL1H, DBS or P60 accepting lights.

If you want low price/backup and are willing to wait(2 weeks min), the Romisen RC-M4 with a better drop-in(Cree XR-E Q5 or R2, something like this or this) could work well. It should hold up to normal use just fine.

Do you want an EDC type light?

If the light doesn't have to be too small (disappears or 1 AA/1 CR123 size), then I would go with the Dereelight CL1H with 18650 batteries and a charger.

How far would you like the light to throw?
Also, what kind of beam?

(off to bed for me)

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Unless your neighbors live 100+ yards away and the closest tree is 100+ yards away, I don't think you'll need the amount of throw the Dereelight DBS provides.

PTS is a good store, they don't lie. I think they also have some kind of a discount for CPFers.

For your uses, the Fenix L2D-CE Q5 might work(8% off coupon at Fenix Store is "CPF8"). AA battery powered, good output, and multimode.

OilLamp

Newly Enlightened
Unless your neighbors live 100+ yards away and the closest tree is 100+ yards away, I don't think you'll need the amount of throw the Dereelight DBS provides.

PTS is a good store, they don't lie. I think they also have some kind of a discount for CPFers.

For your uses, the Fenix L2D-CE Q5 might work(8% off coupon at Fenix Store is "CPF8"). AA battery powered, good output, and multimode.

Discount? Is there a code that you need to know?

needforspeed

Newly Enlightened
Hi Jake,

I own all three T4 styles. Thee 2008 model blows away the old TIROS model, and easily tops the the 2007 model.

The light is plenty bright for just about anythin. It has a nice hot spot and good side spill. The low and strobe modes are new features to this light and are very easy to access.

The only negative I have is that the low mode is Power Management and you can sometimes notice the flicker with quick movements. This is annoying to me, but others I have shown don't even notice it.

Built like a tank, and water resistant too. Charges fast and and goes for a good two hours on high. (If you can't guese I like these lights).

Anyway, If you liked the old one, you'll love the new one.

Bill

OilLamp

Newly Enlightened
Hi Jake,

I own all three T4 styles. Thee 2008 model blows away the old TIROS model, and easily tops the the 2007 model.

The light is plenty bright for just about anythin. It has a nice hot spot and good side spill. The low and strobe modes are new features to this light and are very easy to access.

The only negative I have is that the low mode is Power Management and you can sometimes notice the flicker with quick movements. This is annoying to me, but others I have shown don't even notice it.

Built like a tank, and water resistant too. Charges fast and and goes for a good two hours on high. (If you can't guese I like these lights).

Anyway, If you liked the old one, you'll love the new one.

Bill

AWESOME. I have one on order.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did the box say what the output/runtime on low mode is?

If it didn't can you ball park the output, and have you done a low mode longevity test?

Latest posts