Shortening the E1E. Posable?

kodiak

Enlightened
I would like to cut the tail off, right after the battery. ( leave enough for a threaded end cap)I would rethread for endcap. Esensuly taking 3/4 of an inch of the leanth. What would I need to do for a switch? Any input would be welcome.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
kodiak,
The ground path is not complete unless the battery tube is snug against the cathode ring of the lamp asembly. As Nerd has stated, backing off the head a bit will "open " the circuit. I would recomend that you place a small spring in your new tail cap to allow for battery length variation.

- Don

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have talked to dspeck about making me a LS / minimag style barrel with no tailcap switch. Maybe add a tailcap mounted clip like on a AlMar SERE 2K.

Seems like a short barrel like this with a KL1 would make a nice ARC LS challenger.

Alan Hsu

Enlightened
Nerd,

I have been using the Vital Gear 1X123 twist pack with SF KL1 for several months. It's a HA III twist pack that will add 1.7" to the length of the bezel, which means the Vital Gear/E1e bezel combo will be 0.5" shorter than stock E1e. You may contact Code 3 in Alhambra, California at www.code3usa.com (I can't find the item on the site) or call (626)308-9889.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info Alan. But if I may ask, you're telling me all this because? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif