Pila is again joining the race...

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info. My GL3 is one of two remaining incans and might get converted to LED that way.

Pilas Cree emitter was rated with 120 lumen and compared to surefires L5 rated at 100 lumens I´d say it should be pretty accurate. I hope the new ratings are similar accuarte.

Eric

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do have Pila GL2 latest design. They are great lights, high quality, built like a tank. I love mine. I run it on a 18650 with the Surefire P60L drop in. Bright enough for me. It last forever. I also use Pila own CREE dropin. It has a very nice tint and excellent spill.

I will be getting the new 250 lumes that is comg out. I know is a very good quality, and they also use nice white tint modules.

I also have the Pila charger is a top of the line stuff, very good.

Chris

Last edited:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
This will make the Codex even more powerful and useful, I believe this was Urs' intended purpose. The XR-E works perfect with it as it is, I can only imagine an emitter with double the output. I knew Urs had something up his sleeve!

I just noticed its 2 hour regulated runtime on 300P's... oh my god I'm definitely getting one of those.:drool:

Dudemar

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the newer G2L and it has the original Cree module which is very white and has a fantastic beam with spill. I would like a module that is regulated on the single 18650 cell though. Anyone know what is the best out there? Does the Malkoff module fit? I know the Malkoff requires 2 cells but the optic and build quality intrigue me.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe I missed it, but any release date mentioned? Hopefully soon!:poke::D

Last edited:

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
No I didn't see a release date. I agree, the original Cree that I have is a fantastic balance of throw and spill. Great tint as well. I would love to see the new 250. I've never tried the Codex, but you have it correct, Dudemar, Urs definitely had something up his sleeve.

My only gripe is that I wish there was a fully regulated method for my GL2.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with you on the Cree + GL2, I would buy the combo if it was regulated. It's still a cool little light though...:thumbsup:

I WANT MY Q5!:popcorn:

ingokl

Newly Enlightened
No I didn't see a release date. I agree, the original Cree that I have is a fantastic balance of throw and spill. Great tint as well. I would love to see the new 250. I've never tried the Codex, but you have it correct, Dudemar, Urs definitely had something up his sleeve.

My only gripe is that I wish there was a fully regulated method for my GL2.

Well, with adopted ring of wire or an appropriate washer the Dereelight moduls, which are fully regulated, perfectly work in the G2L!