Any disadvantage with digital?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
storm

I noticed all but one of these four variants are digital, but is there any reason you wouldn't want digital regulation? If not, what is the advantage to variant one (aside from not having to skip past unwanted modes)? Or do I even understand digital correctly- it means variants 2-4 (unlike variant 1) would stay relatively the same brightness until recharging is needed? Or does digital not always mean that, and in this case only to make the different modes available (low-hi-strobe etc) which would be unecessary in variant one since it has 100% output-off only?

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
storm

I noticed all but one of these four variants are digital, but is there any reason you wouldn't want digital regulation? If not, what is the advantage to variant one (aside from not having to skip past unwanted modes)? Or do I even understand digital correctly- it means variants 2-4 (unlike variant 1) would stay relatively the same brightness until recharging is needed? Or does digital not always mean that, and in this case only to make the different modes available (low-hi-strobe etc) which would be unecessary in variant one since it has 100% output-off only?

"Digital" is one of the most abused terms in marketing. I think most people that use the term have no clue what it means. Whenever you see the term, just ignore it. Its meaning has been so diluted as to be worthless.