GS out of stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Arc-AAA GS is currently out of stock. It may be a month before more stock is available and I will post here any updates.

peter

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was going to mail back my ARC GS today for an exchange. So it could be a month or more before I'd get a replacement back?

paulr

Flashaholic
It sounds like the last batch of GS's had some manufacturing problems and with luck the new batch will fix the probs, in which case it's worth the wait.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully ARC realized there were QC issues and put the brakes on the GS to get them sorted out. Hopefully when they are available again they will be back to the quality we expect from ARC. I'm going to see if I can wait to send mine in until the new ones are ready.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The GS is out of stock because we are out of anodized bodies. We are out of anodized bodies because the supplier inexplicably burned the last 2 shipments we sent them. This left us without any inventory and it will take about a month to get more, assuming they don't burn those as well. I went in and had a long talk with them on tuesday, they admitted it was something they did and it shouldn't have passed their QC. This is the same shop that I have been using for the past 8 years. They committed to investigate the problem, show the steps they will use in the future (add to their ISO compliant travelers, etc), try to replate the units and salvage as many as possible (replating usually doesn't work very well, but we can't loose any more at this point).

The parts are very dark with splotches, feel sticky to the touch and the sharp edges of the part are white-ash colored.

We rejected both shipments and pulled the product off the website. We kept a small quantity in reserve for warranty service if needed until we can get the product back into production.

peter

Status
Not open for further replies.