Brightest/Longest Throw (non-rechargable) LED Light Available ?

LumenMan

Enlightened
Forgive my "newbie" question. :confused: I'm trying to discern the what the brightest & longest throw LED light would be. The catch is, the light has to:

* Run on regular non-rechargeable 123A Lithium batteries

* Equal or surpass the performance of my existing Surefire M6 Guardian

* Be portable (like the M6)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated ! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The furthest throwing stock single LED light is probably the Dereelight DBS. You can get the pill that works with CR123s.

I don't think it will out throw the M6 though.

Firefox does have their MF 1000 series that runs on CR123 batteries, but much larger then the M6(15 batteries).

As for other lights, there is the Wolfeye Storm but I'm not sure how it compares(no CR123 support either).

Milkyspit can also modify your light for you.

Last edited:

LumenMan

Enlightened
Thanks for the info ! :thumbsup: I'm not familiar with the Milkyspit mod. Are there any links ?

Last edited:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your criteria of having to run on primaries only is such a limiting factor :duh2: . You might as well wait for SureFire ArcLights (though HID and not LED).

DKTVPN

Newly Enlightened
In the thread about what's the brightest light you have there are some people with Wolf Eyes M90 Rattlesnake using HO-12 550 lumens. If use with extension using EO-13 700 lumens but it's a little longer. Is this about the same as M6? People said they don't see any complains about WE because the quality is as good as SF or more.

DKTVPN

Newly Enlightened
In the thread about what's the brightest light you have there are some people with Wolf Eyes M90 Rattlesnake using HO-12 550 lumens. If use with extension using EO-13 700 lumens but it's a little longer. Is this about the same as M6? People said they don't see any complains about WE because the quality is as good as SF or more.

:oops:, I'm sorry! You're asking for an LED not incan.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
No LED in this class will outperform an M6 HOLA. Not in throw...
I beg to differ. My DBS easily out-throws my M6 HOLA at anything over 450'. But at 300' and closer the M6 kicks it's butt. I did some beamshot comparisons in my "Big Guns Outdoor Shootout" post here: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/192682

BTW, the DBS can be run on CR123 primaries or rechargeables depending on the pill you buy with it.

LumenMan

Enlightened
Nice beam shots !! :thumbsup: I've got to look into this DBS Lumen Launcher ! :faint:

I'm just curious (please excuse my newbie question), but how do the 4 lamp CREE LED lights perform ?

Please don't get me wrong, I love my M6 with the 500+ Lumen MN21 Lamps, but I just want...well... more ! :shakehead:D

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Well, how they perform will depend on the optic/reflector. Larger and or deeper = more throw.

For something maglite sized, you will get more output but for more throw, it is better to have one LED and a reflector that fit the whole head. The reflectors won't be big or deep enough for good throw. But it does make up for some throw by having more sheer output.