Gray Color

Black Color

Lux reading at ~ 1meter:

Ultrafire C3 P4 SS: 1750
RC-G2 Q5: 2850 :D

Last edited:

My3kidsfather

Enlightened
Lightbug- that is a great looking G2. Is that a mod of yours? Or where did you get it? Come on, 'fess up.

I use my G2 everyday at work. It's my carried personal light for finding things in the dark that have been dropped, need repair, etc. A nice Q5 or R2 would sure be interesting. And what battery do you find works best?

lightbug

Enlightened
Hi guys,
These lights are not mods but customized made lights. I have a few hundred units, might consider selling them starting late next week.
Just one problem, I'm only going to sell them here In USA and Canada, don't have any plan to sell them to other countries.... yet. :duh2: I want to bundle them with a free gift, but haven't decided what to go with them.

They all came with:

a CREE-Q5 emitter
non sealed head
OP aluminum reflector

Last edited:

DKTVPN

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,
These lights are not mods but customized made lights. I have a few hundred units, might consider selling them starting late next week.
Just one problem, I'm only going to sell them here In USA and Canada, don't have any plan to sell them to other countries.... yet. :duh2: I want to bundle them with a free gift, but haven't decided what to go with them.

They all came with:

a CREE-Q5 emitter
non sealed head
OP aluminum reflector

Good news! Are they gonna be much more expensive than DX? It's good to see some beam shots indoor and outdoors.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I'll take a free one :p

I think many people will want to have one.

Maybe bundle them with a Lithium AA? Or maybe a small keychain light.

Centropolis

Enlightened
Hi guys,

They all came with:

a CREE-Q5 emitter
non sealed head
OP aluminum reflector

Did you just made my RC-G2 obsolete? :)

I want one of those!! Any word on pricing? A range?

lightbug

Enlightened
I'll try to sell these lights at reasonable price, probably below $20 for CPF memebers and $23 to $25 for non CPFers.

The manufacturing cost of RC-G2 Q5 is much higher than the CREE p2 version. In fact, higher than the retail price on DX and KD. Addition to that, I also have to pay air shipping fee and duty fee, which is another extra 28% on top of manufacturing cost. :( Well, you get the idea.

Centropolis

Enlightened
I'll try to sell these lights at reasonable price, probably below $20 for CPF memebers and $23 to $25 for non CPFers.

The manufacturing cost of RC-G2 Q5 is much higher than the CREE p2 version. In fact, higher than the retail price on DX and KD. Addition to that, I also have to pay air shipping fee and duty fee, which is another extra 28% on top of manufacturing cost. :( Well, you get the idea.

If it's around $20, I will definitely take one. Will it take a 14500?

streetmaster

Enlightened
:takeit: I'll take a black one please. A lithium battery would probably be the best free gift to include. Or even better, free shipping instead. :D

Did Romisen make them for you?

How much brighter:candle: will it be in lumens? Anybody know?

Last edited:

horizonseeker

Enlightened
one for me.

I tried to mod my G2 but to my dismay the CREE inside is epoxied/glued to the heatsink. I tried until i was in danger of (actually, already) deforming the lips of the heatsink. That 16mm base is not coming off.

david.

lightbug

Enlightened
Centropolis,
Sorry, it won't take 14500. I might order some other type of light on May that can take both 1.5v and 4.2v, but will be a different brand that you never seen before.

Streetmaster,
Yes, Made by Romisen.

gunga

Flashaholic
I'll sign up for a couple of these (Grey)

Is it the same stock driver or something a bit more efficient? That would be stellar if it was...

Excellent gesture!

Last edited:

Brownstone

Enlightened

That wasn't a formal request for us to get in line, but I'd like to say I'm interested in one or two as well. I was planning on doing this mod myself soon, but if you've had the factory do it that just saves me time.

P.S. If you start another thread somewhere regarding this project, please put a link here.

Latest posts