Stainless C3 WH Emitter + Forward clickie?

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
I got my C3 yesterday, and it is great! I like it a lot and it seems to be pretty well put together. Unfortunately I am not completely satisfied with some of the parts inside, like the tailcap switch, and the pink emitter. Otherwise it's a nice light.

So does anybody happen to know if anyone offers a forward-click tailcap switch that would fit in the Stainless Ultrafire C3? I also plan on changing out the emitter with something nicer, like a Cree Q5 WH if I can find one, or even a WC. Obviously, an R bin would be better, so if I can find a decent one then so it shall be.

The tail switch module when disassembled is 17mm wide and 20mm long from tip to tip. Here is a picture:

img00022tr6.jpg

Thanks for your help CPF!

Last edited:

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put in a Q5 on 14mm base from DX in two C3 SS and both had great tints, very similar to my Fenix P3D rebel. Can't help you with the switch though, but I would be interested in that also. Good luck.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi CPF, instead of starting a new thread, i hope that OP doesn't mind if i post here as it involves an Ultrafire C3 too.

I own a single mode Ultrafire C3 bought quite a long time ago and since then i have acquired other torches, am a total noob when it comes to electronics and all that but i figured that it's time to start learning.

I wanted to convert the reverse clicky to a forward clicky and up the LED to Cree Q5 (or as OP says, an R-bin would be lovely too), I've got the information for size of the base (14mm) and am hunting down a forward clicky switch.

Can anyone direct me to a driver that would allow me either 2 modes (hi/lo) or even more modes and perhaps even teach a tech-handicap how to connect all these??