2x18650 3-Cree light.

MikeV

Newly Enlightened

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since you mention "high quality", you might want to checkout Thunders from Wolf-eyes.

Alan

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks all.

I think I am going to go with the RC-T5.

That Wolf Eyes looks nice but I can't find a drop-in for it.

Here is what I am looking at.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10451
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5776
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6105

Is all of this stuff compatible?

I know that the batterys and the charger are cheap, I will upgrade as funds allow.

Thanks.
Mike.

It's ok. Grey Trusfires have 15% more capacity than AWs. If I were you, I'd get 10452 instead of 10451. It looks much better in grey.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
these are a tiny bit smaller than the 18650's you listed, so they'll fit in more lights (good!)

Personally, I'd go with this charger- it can charge multiple battery types and has a good reputation on CPF.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
these are a tiny bit smaller than the 18650's you listed, so they'll fit in more lights (good!)

These are also unprotected.

Personally, I'd go with this charger- it can charge multiple battery types and has a good reputation on CPF.

It takes 6 hours to charge 18650 cell. Many people don't need CR123 sized batteries (since they're expensive and inefficient).

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
My recommendation would be to wait for a nice P7 C bin light. It should put out 600 lumens or so...

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Matt,
I've been waiting for LumaPower to announce a big light! I wonder if this is it.:grin2:

forrest

Newly Enlightened
" protected is just a name'???? Beg to differ, but those ARE protected!! I have several of them. Also I don`t know where your getting this info but those 1251 chargers charge a protected cell in about 2 hours not 6, I also have the charger and they work great as do the 18650`s

Bigsy

Enlightened
I can assure you they're protected. I have 2x of all trustfire and ultrafire protected/nonprotected 18650's from DX

Last edited:

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
" protected is just a name'???? Beg to differ, but those ARE protected!! I have several of them.
I can assure you they're protected. I have 2x of all trustfire and ultrafire protected/nonprotected 18650's from DX

Did you find protection PCB?

Also I don`t know where your getting this info but those 1251 chargers charge a protected cell in about 2 hours not 6, I also have the charger and they work great as do the 18650`s

There must be something wrong with your charger. "Charging current is 450mA per channel" which means that in 2hrs your 18650 was charged to 800mAh (usually it takes about 6 hours to charge 2,2Ah cell).

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
lithium cells don't fully charge in significantly under 3 hours. Ever.

Even if you increase the charging current, you get stung when it switches to the constant voltage phase- you decrease the CC time, but increase the CV time. Net result is still about 3 hours. However, the advantage of higher charging currents is that if you pull a cell early, it has more charge than on a lower current.

Last edited:

forrest

Newly Enlightened
O/k you caught me in a little white lie,I usually drop my batteries in when the voltage is down to 3.8, it then charges to 4.2 in about 2.5 -3 hours not 6

Latest posts