I've purchased $500 in flashlights, help please!!

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I\'ve purchased $500 in flashlights, help please!!

I was shocked to total up the purchases I've made since march 18 (my first purchase), my signature doesn't show an Electro Lumens Blaster VI (on order) and another sf G2 for my father, and I've gotten really good deals on all these lights. I'm not sure whether to laugh or go seek help of some sort. I've always been a bit compulsive but I've never encountered anything like this to compare to. None of the lights were really expensive, for flashaholics that is. The more I see the more I want, and I can't spend $1000 a month doing this, but not to worry, I just wrote this so you all could get a good laugh knowing there are more potential junkies out there waiting to discover this unexplainable urge. $500 in less than two weeks is a bit much but I think I've done really well in picking the various models. I'm just sharing because if feels like good therapy right now.

jimbob

Newly Enlightened
Re: I\'ve purchased $500 in flashlights, help please!!

[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
Don't feel bad. This weekend alone, I've spent in excess of $1200 on lights and light related toys.

[/ QUOTE ]Hehe... Just be glad that you have 1200$ to spend on light related things.

pyramus

Newly Enlightened

Hi Keith,
I have also fallen into this insidious trap. After approximately one month after trying to find a good hunting light, I have ended up with $900.00 worth of illuminating equipment! I will say however that I have never been steered wrong by the members! It it however, an expensive route.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

So pyramus, what did you finally decide would be your "definitive hunting light"? I'm looking for a good one for my brother.

Kercheval

Newly Enlightened

We would be happy to 'help' you find more lights to purchase! Got an A2 yet? A McLux? How about one of the UBH II sets from DSpeck?

Or you could start on the power side and start picking up NiMH batteries and chargers!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pyramus

Newly Enlightened

I think that I could find my way to my tree stand with one of my Arc AAA's, However I feel that a Surefire E2e+KL1 is the absolute best combo one could buy. Use the KL1 on the light for everyday but keep the incandescent for blood trails, 4x4 adventures, orientation in the big woods, self defence, and general purpose. Just my opinion. In a pinch I would consider my E1e. The only thing with the E1e is that the KL1 on the E1e puts out more lumens than the incandescent bulb. The E1e+KL1 is still a force to be considered. Just today, I had the chance to show off my E1e+KL1 when a HVAC installer brought out his 2D M$#@G and I countered with my E1e+KL1, No comparison.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast

I forgot I also bought 32 batteries, 12 surefire and 20 toshiba, I plan to give some to my dad.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

everybody move the b/s/t and sell of what you don't need!

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast

There have been months where I spent $1200 on toys, fountain pens or computers, probably. For a while after buying the last car I wasn't putting any money into savings, so it was probably one of those months.

Most I've spent on flashlights is probably about $500.

Now that I'm without income and looking for an electronics job...that'll probably be more like $100 or so. Sure is a drag, and I haven't really felt the pinch yet, as things I ordered earlier are still pending.

Last one I ordered was the EliteMAX at the CPF special price. Wonder what the Ergo 3 might fetch on B/S/T...maybe I'll find out. I figured if I don't like the EliteMAX, I should be able to recoup the expense selling it because of the discount.

In truth I'll probably keep both and pine after others. The only lights I want to sell, well, aren't that great, and wouldn't sell for much.

dockersguy

Newly Enlightened

I am just going to tell myself to not total up the amount of money I've spent on lights. I can't resist, but I must try. If I do add up the total amount of money, I will go mad.

B@rt

Flashaholic

I have a very tight budget, but the most I've spent on 1 light was for the McLux Darell was kind enough to build /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif , but unfortunately a friend of mine is the only one that has seen it so far, since it has been stuck in the mail (USPS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif ) for over a month now... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

SUREFARC

Enlightened

Don't feel bad. Me nearly $900.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

Not me. I'm not ABOUT to try and figure up what I've spent in the last year on lights, batteries etc.

I'm a compulsive in the worst way. I did over $2000 in diecast without breathing hard!

(And my budget can't STAND it!)

Just try and imagine being me.

kz1000s1

Enlightened

Don't worry. Flashaholism is a harmless disease that will quickly pass with no treatment needed. You will never spend that amount of money again on those foolish lights.

APRIL FOOLS!!!!

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Keith, did you check out those great April 1st deals today?

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*

There's no help for you, as there is currently no known cure for this disease! The only thing you can do is appease the beast, otherwise you will suffer great agony! What can you do? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was thinking about getting a diffuser for my surefire and an Ultrastinger for a long throw light, anyone have a better suggestion in the same price range as the utra?
Not to mention a KL1, geeesh, two weeks ago I didn't know what any of these numbers were.