wicked "the torch"

tone1132

Newly Enlightened
I heard that there is an easy mod to make a flashlight like wicked lasers "the torch". Is there a tutorial or somethin? Could someone point me in the right direction?
Thank you!

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't say it's simple, but you can make something similar called a Mag623. Here's a thread on it. link.

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you kidding me? Wicked Lasers is using "The Torch"? There is only one, and it is made by Mac's Customs!
See the thread here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/117512

IMG_2209-vi.jpg

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
They did get his permission to copy the design or use it.

Still, isn't it basically the forerunner of the Mag623? And, a Mag623 with a 13th cell is even brighter. :naughty:
Yes, Mac's Torch used the Osram 64623 12V 100w bulb, like the Mag623 except with a tail switch. On the permission issue, I'd have to wait for Mac's reply :whistle:

Last edited:

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's too bad :(

I really wanted to help:
Tri-Bore host by member Jesus Hernandez
Reflector by member Five Mega
Bi-Pin socket by Kui
Glass Lens by Flashlightlens dot com
Battery pack LuxLuthor
and many more choices, just to name a few...

Sorry, I didn't mean to run you off, were all really nice people here :oops:

TKO

Enlightened
If you want a more versatile multi-output level flashlight, substitute one of AW's multi power level D or C switches.

If you are just looking for a single power level paper burner, then go ahead and stick with KIU's excellent product.

Daekar

Enlightened
Funny thing... I read in Popular Mechanics that the "Torch" they got from Wicked to test had major problems. Apparently the batteries started smoking and melted after a few minutes of being on. I'd imagine Mac never had that problem... :whistle::nana:

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny thing... I read in Popular Mechanics that the "Torch" they got from Wicked to test had major problems. Apparently the batteries started smoking and melted after a few minutes of being on. I'd imagine Mac never had that problem... :whistle::nana:
Mac probably didn't source the components to the cheapest bidder either. :crackup: