C to Turbohead P60?

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it possible to lego a Turbohead of some kind to a P60?

Im thinking, a Surefire C2 with the throw of a DBS would be really cool.

Maybe a P60 module with no reflector, just a bare LED, plus adaptor, plus the head off a Tiablo?

you thoughts..

Crenshaw

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wouldn't it would be easier to get or make a tower module? If you want a turbohead on your C2, then you can get the corresponding KT- conversion kit and get a custom tower module. Unless I'm not understanding the question correctly.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't really under stand the question either, If you want a turbo head, the P60 type modules can not be used. Like Keygrip said, getting an LED tower Module and a KT1 or KT2 Turbohead is your best bet. Not a very cheap option, but you WILL love it. Add a cell extender or two and you can run any of the surefire or lumensfactory bulbs....6volt, 9volt, or 12volt. Also the cell extenders will allow for longer runtimes while using LED Tower Modules. I think a couple cell extenders and a turbohead are a must. They really do open the doors to all sorts of possibilities.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
oops, just realised there were replies...:ohgeez:

I know about the tower module, but the only ones i have heard of were custom made ones? are there any that i can just buy? :crazy:

thanks

Crenshaw

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are destined down the road of big power, Crenshaw. From Fenix to C2 to inquiring about TurboHeads. Bigger and brighter :cool: .

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
my NDI is stil my EDC though, i dont forget my roots..my P1DQ5 still rides along no longer with the leef body though, its back to stock....:D and interestingly, my root of all roots, is a surefire G2Z, never gonna sell that..it was my first flashaholic light.

I have an ROP halfway done...and a vague idea to build some G4 based stuff...:naughty:

so yeah, no towers...unless...someone point me to how to make one? :huh:

Crenshaw

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
so yeah, no towers...unless...someone point me to how to make one? :huh:

It's simple! All you got to do is take some aluminum and slap an emitter on there and make sure your polarity is correct and don't cross the streams or break the flux capacitator and then you should have a perfectly functioning LED tower. :candle: :thinking: At least I think that's how it works. Seriously, though, I know of a CPF member who has some broken SF turbohead lamp assemblies for sale which he thinks could be modded. PM me if you're interested.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks Keygrip, i am interested, although financially i have the knife to pay off first...as well as a jetII ibs that is already on pre-order..so my turbo C2 will have to wait..:sigh:

i did post in Aw's thread signally my interest in it to him...can see how that goes too...

Crenshaw