Review etiquette?

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
i was going to review a LED flashlight product. my first sample was unacceptable. i sent the first back.

just got my second example today...and i am still unimpressed.
the customer service has been "ok". my 2nd order seemed to have gotten lost, somehow, and i had to remind them to send me the replacement.

here is the question: i feel it is my duty to CPF to report my experience with this product, yet i hate to give a negative review which might appear to be "bashing" the company. i am also aware that i could probably return the product for a refund. and i may.

what would you do? return it and remain silent? should i write a review, which would include beamshots?

Bob

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you simply tell the truth of the situation, I don't think you can go wrong. I would just try to report the situation as dispassionately as possible and let the facts speak for themselves.

I would think if you stick to your own experiences without generalizing that no one should see you as bashing. Also, I don't think reporting your experiences in anyway should eliminate your right to return unsatisfactory merchandise.

just my $.02 and maybe not worth that,
Pat

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would report what happened and leave it to the company to make it right.

The whole process is worth consideration and you're actually trying to give the whole impression for the consumer. It could be useful info for the company to see critique too. They should be made aware of the review and given the opportunity to respond when all the facts are in and settled. I like to weigh the whole experience when I read a review.

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
what good are reviews if you don't tell the ugly with the good and bad?

Latest posts