BTY 2500 mah batteries are FAKE

kerasi

Newly Enlightened
PAY ATTENTION WITH THE SCAM BTY 2500 batteries from HONG KONG or elsewhere.

I bought them and they were only 600 to 800 NIMH.

DO NOT BUY BATTERIES, mp3 players OR MEMORY CARDS FROM HONG KONG.

All products from this shithole have fake characteristics.

kerasi

Newly Enlightened
Inappropriate comments removed by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
kerasi,

Please read the CPF rules, or read them again if you've already read them once. Pay close attention to Rule #4. Don't ever make another post like the one I edited above. A good rule of thumb is "Attack the post, not the poster."

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Why isn't this in the Jeers subforum of the marketplace?
That ebay seller has 230 complaints over the past 6 months in their feedback profile, and is averaging almost two negative feedbacks per day over the past month. That should have been a red light to you.

Last edited:

pertinax

Enlightened
Can't speak for the seller, but the poster is clueless. HK is far from a $h!+hole.

Nick HIll

Newly Enlightened
I don't know about BTY as a brand, or whether they are known to make good batteries.

I bought BTY 2500mah batteries on Ebay Item number 390223264207 from 4udiscount724 . Very good price.

When I received them, I was surprised how light they are - only 13 grammes each. Other Uniross and similar batteries I already have weigh about 26 grammes each.

When a battery is charged and discharged for the first time, the capacity may be much lower than after being 'exercised' a few times. Particularly with 'unbranded' batteries.

I have two battery computers. They charge and discharge batteries until the power delivered on each charge levels off and the batteries are in a state where they deliver as much charge as they ever will.

I have so far tested 8 of the 2500mah batteries. After charging and discharging until their performance levelled off, they delivered the following capacities:
314mah, 293mah, 280mah, 298mah, 319mah, 294mah, 352mah, 300mah.

i.e. Nothing like the claimed capacity of 2500mah. Less than one eighth of the claimed capacity.

I have emailed the seller telling them my findings.

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes they are rubbish batteries. I read about them when I saw the guys feedback. Why would you buy them?

I wouldn't trust any batteries coming out of Hong Kong with inflated capacities for dirt cheap. I remember seeing 1800mAh RCR123's (there is not a company that makes cells with a real capacity of over 700mAh for this type).

Bottom line... don't buy batteries from eBay unless you are buying from a REPUTABLE seller.

Nick HIll

Newly Enlightened
Yes they are rubbish batteries. I read about them when I saw the guys feedback. Why would you buy them?

I wouldn't trust any batteries coming out of Hong Kong with inflated capacities for dirt cheap. I remember seeing 1800mAh RCR123's (there is not a company that makes cells with a real capacity of over 700mAh for this type).

Bottom line... don't buy batteries from eBay unless you are buying from a REPUTABLE seller.

The seller I bought from has very good feedback. I was also interested in some of his/her LiIon batteries, but now I have little confidence that they are what is claimed. Unless seller refunds, I will have pleasure in taking their feedback down a peg.

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
The seller I bought from has very good feedback. I was also interested in some of his/her LiIon batteries, but now I have little confidence that they are what is claimed. Unless seller refunds, I will have pleasure in taking their feedback down a peg.

You'll find that the seller has decent feedback, because buyers are completely ignorent. They don't have tools to measure the capacity.

I read the sellers feedback months ago, and every few pages someone will say the capacity is rubbish.

You can't go by the sellers % on eBay... gotta read their feedback.

I would know... I'm a powerseller on ebay. :cool:

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
The batteries being so light may be a clue. Anyone care to cut one of those babies open and see if they're like rechargeable D batteries and inside all you find is a sub-c nicd.