Scorpion head disassembly?

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone disassembled a Scorpion's head assembly?

I bit the bullet and removed the lens from mine and was thinking the rest of the assembly would come out... Nope.

It doesn't seem like it comes out the back, nor the front. Perhaps it is a one-way install?

On another note, there is a channel for the lens (something else I couldn't tell until I took it out) so my glass replacement lens will have to be slightly smaller (1mm?). There is also an "O" ring that the lens fits up against.

So how do you think I should secure the glass lens? Silicone?

On yet another front, I was thinking about trying to waterproof a Scorpion. I was thinking about cutting some of the rubber back a bit and put an "O" ring or two on the body and put a ring of silicone under the rubber so no water gets down in there? Thoughts? Any idea what size "O" rings to use?

Thanks,

-john

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Are you thinking of a mod on the Scorpion? I've been thinking of it but it seems too solid to take apart easily, thanks for the bullet chewing. As far a O-rings go into your local hardware store and they will probably help you find the right size.
You could check this thread but you'd be disapointed One question before I mess up my Scorpion But you might e/p-mail the topic starter

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually I'm just trying to improve the Scorpion by adding a glass lens and make it more waterproof.

-john

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, first report. I "glued" the 28mm watch crystal in with Silicone.

I wanted it to be really waterproof so had a hard time balancing between getting enough in there and too much. In general I got about the right amount but in some cases got a tad too much. It doesn't look bad.

Actually the glass looks better even though you would think it would look the same. Perhaps because it is glossier.

After doing this once, it seems to me that the optimal way to do this would be with a syringe.

A couple of thoughts. I pushed the lens out with a thinish screwdriver from the inside. I managed to gouge the red rubber ring that secures the bulb. Be careful, it is delicate.

I also (I think) managed to slightly scuff parts of the reflector by cleaning. Be careful.

All in all I think it looks good and will be much more sturdy and very waterproof (the lens that is). I think next time I could do much better knowing now what I do.

On the other hand, in my quest to waterproof this beast I've kind of run into a dead end with the rubber sleeve.

Any ideas how to waterproof this side?

I tried putting an O ring between the threads and the sleeve, but 1) I'm not sure it is big enough to stop the water - it touches, but I can't tell how much and 2) water could still seep under the sleeve, and into the light. I was thinking of siliconing between the sleeve and the body, but I am sceptical that it would stick.

Thoughts?

-john

Spidey82

Enlightened
for the trouble u are in.....
get an E2e or M2...
scorpion's rubber sleeve might be damage if u drop the light Buttword, the aluminium housing will created a small opening around the switch...
just my 2 cents worth....
Linfeng