Which flashlight to choose??

Bokan

Newly Enlightened
Hiya Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and need some help on a flashlight purchase. I'm choosing between (but not limited too) the following:

Ultrafire 600lt (3x Cree)
MX-Power 3x Cree
Romisen RC-T5

I understand that none of these flashlights appear to be very reliable. I'm looking for one that is the most reliable and consistent out of this group, but also, if there are any other flashlights in this lumen output and price range please recommend them. I'm looking for something brighter than my Q5 M-C1.

I want to stay away from lights that require rechargeable batteries and I'd like it if they could use CR123a's. I've never modified a flashlight and wouldn't trust myself in doing so. I don't know the mechanics of the wiring.

I'm glad I found this forum and look forward to your suggestions. Thanks!

GPB

Enlightened
I can't offer any advice because I am not familiar with the lights you mentioned. You might get more feedback if you phrased your question in the form of: "I need a light to_________ that costs less than $XX. You might want to also mention any preference you have for burn time, Size, waterproofing, bulb type, etc.

There's a lot of people here that are very knowledgable and willing to share their ideas. IF you don't get a response, try asking a different way.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Well, what do you need the light to do?

If you're looking for throw, look for something with a bigger reflector and 1 LED instead of many smaller reflector with many LEDs.

:welcome: