Help with my BOG Q5

dano101

Enlightened
I recenltly purchased 3 BOG Q5's (for me and 2 RCMP friends) and have a fairly simple question. In a standard 6P host, is it normal to have several outlining consentric rings?

Ive owned a few other drop-ins and althought there was always a hot spot followed by a dimly illuminated outer area (spill), there was never a hot spot, dim larger area then another dimmer area beyond that. And im not talking about the ring effect you can see in cheaper drop-ins (the black rings around the hot spot) im talking about many concentric rings around the outlining spill.

Any remedy at all for this?

Dano

BUZ

Enlightened
I recenltly purchased 3 BOG Q5's (for me and 2 RCMP friends) and have a fairly simple question. In a standard 6P host, is it normal to have several outlining consentric rings?

Ive owned a few other drop-ins and althought there was always a hot spot followed by a dimly illuminated outer area (spill), there was never a hot spot, dim larger area then another dimmer area beyond that. And im not talking about the ring effect you can see in cheaper drop-ins (the black rings around the hot spot) im talking about many concentric rings around the outlining spill.

Any remedy at all for this?

Dano

Can you post a pic, not 100% sure however I think you can adjust the base on the BOG lamps to adjust the beam. If the base is threaded just try and screw it in out or a little to see if that helps the beam.

GPB

Enlightened
I just popped my BOG unit into a Cabelas body ( 6P clone ) and it was immediately wonderful. No rings at all.

do all 3 of your drop ins look the same ? If they do, can you try them in another body, or try another lamp assembly in your body ? If you have enough spare parts, you can figure out which component is causing the problem.

Latest posts