Wolf-Eyes R2 WC: New Contender For Best Overall D26 Drop-In

elho

Enlightened
Yes, its really nice. I received mine 3 days ago from Mike@PTS, a 4 mode one to replace the 4 mode P4 in my Wolf-Eyes Sniper. :grin2:

Not only is the regulated runtime (about 2h on high, >9h on medium, didn't spend the time to test low ;)) at least up on par with the P4 drop-in, the unregulated runtime after that is much better: While P4 on high after 3h is about as bright as its low level with a fresh cell and dimm enough to easily look into it seeing the die after 4h, the low-Vf R2 still is about as bright as its medium level after 6h! :twothumbs
In fact, its quite hard to tell the end of the regulated output with the naked eye and just one host swapping cells. Someone with a lightmeter ought to do some better testing.
This is on Wolf-Eyes 18650s, BTW.

It gets less warm than the P4 - not that the P4 got hot or anything, but after 2h on high the Sniper is cooler with the low-Vf R2.

The tint is a bit on the purple side when directly compared to the P4.

Now for the obvious part: Its brighter than the P4. ;) :D
Seriously, it is notably so, already indoors. Using some houses in 70m distance across the courtyard as target is yet more impressive, the spot is a lot brighter. :drool:

Altogether a worthy upgrade. :twothumbs