Humorous item descriptions from DX. . .

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Sometimes I see some silly ones and it makes me giggle.

For instance, they are now selling a green laser pointer which is able to break the laws of physics. Not only can the laser beam travel many thousands of times faster than the speed of light, but it is bright enough to reflect off the surface of distant stars and be seen here on Earth:

"Great for pointing objects from long distance, such as stars"

:D:D:D

Add your humorous DX finds here. . .

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
They mean that the beam extends far enough that more than one observer can agree on where the beam ends, as opposed to pointing with an outstretched arm, making it useful for indicating astronomical phenomena.

Not that that's technically legal in the U.S., anyway.

ExZeRoEx

Enlightened
Well, IIRC, a lot of companies advertise that their lasers can be used for astronomy (pointing at stars and such).

Size15's

Flashaholic
I'll only be impressed when they claim it can used for star spotting during the day (and I'm not talking about pointing it at the sun)

maxa beam

Banned
Haha. Unrelated, but I went to a Chinese pearl farm site (Cheap. Like 100 bucks for a strand of Akoyas. o.o)to get one for my mother, and the Chinese guy must be looking up works in the dictionary and trying to apply them to the pearls, cause the descriptions were: (Quoted, aside from the measurements.)
Akoya pearl strand 14mm: Noble
16mm pearl choker: Noblest
18mm pearl bracelet: Harming (Charming?)
12mm something: Funny
14mm something: Funner

I couldn't help but laugh. Ever single one was like that. You'd of had to see it.

gchand

Newly Enlightened
Well, I may be missing something here, but I have to admire our foreign participants
here in CPF for their language skills. Their English is far better than my Chinese/Japanese/
Korean/Spanish/etc.

George

Flashlight Enthusiast
i was wondering if this thing was any good from wickedlasers

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I may be missing something here, but I have to admire our foreign participants
here in CPF for their language skills. Their English is far better than my Chinese/Japanese/
Korean/Spanish/etc.

George

+1, anyone poking mean fun (not implying that anyone has) should try and learn cantonese, the spoken language, and chinese, the written language, and writing an item description. Also dont forget, that DX might simply copy and paste whatever the manufacturor provides, although they are usually quick to correct factual errors eg. the Uf C3 p4/q2 fiasco. :thumbsup:

of course i will admit it can get really hilarious...:crackup:

though i think DX is doing fine, as far as Lost in translation stuff goes..funny thing is, when i translate the word back into what limited chinese i know, it makes perfect sense.

Crenshaw

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
242557391_zumq9-X3.jpg

Larry

Last edited:

ambientmind

Enlightened
Korean/Spanish/etc.

George
+1 on that! but if you want to see some funny stuff, check out engrish.com its many laughs!

Norm

Retired Administrator
Korean/Spanish/etc.

George
Well said, I'm sure or Asian friends have a good laugh at some of the tattoos that seem to be popular with some English speaking people today. :ohgeez:
Norm

Last edited:

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Well said, I'm sure or Asian friends have a good laugh at some of the tattoos that seem to be popular with some English speaking people today. :ohgeez:
Norm

I've always wondered if tattoo artists play jokes on such people. . . . they certainly deserve it. :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
:crackup:

you have NO idea...

Crenshaw

Sounds like a good thread for the Cafe :D

Funny as the descriptions may be, I'm sure they're a whole lot better than anything I could do in a foreign language. My French would be bad enough, let alone Cantonese.

Regards,
Tempest