Trouble with my Dexlight DX X.1

bp044

Enlightened
It will go into one mode (I beleive the maximum brightness) most of the time when I turn it on.I have cleaned the new alkaline AA as well as the contacts in the light using Detoxit and Progold which did not fix the problem.
I would rather not go thru the hassel of sending it back . Any help appreciated

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Has the light taken any serious falls?

The switch probably isn't the problem but maybe you should check that too.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Try by passing the switch with a piece of metal.

If the modes work with the switch bypassed, then you have a switch problem. If not, then the driver might be bad.

bp044

Enlightened
DX x-1 wont work

This light has always been intermintent since I own it. I have put in both fresh alkaline and Nimh cells and it wont go on. Please advise

edc3

Enlightened
Re: DX x-1 wont work

I don't see an X-1 on the DX site. Do you have a link to the light?

Have you tried removing the tailcap (assuming the switch is in the tailcap) and bypassing the switch?

bp044

Enlightened

I don't see an X-1 on the DX site. Do you have a link to the light?

Have you tried removing the tailcap (assuming the switch is in the tailcap) and bypassing the switch?
Thank you for your response.The full name is Dexlight DX X.1. I have bypassed the switch . Still wont go on

bp044

Enlightened

Is this the same light you started a thread about HERE?

You have an amazing memory.It is the same light. I never droped the light and after my old post it started working again and was ok until recently.It's baffaling as to why.

lightmyway

Newly Enlightened

Its great to buy the cheaper lights that way you have to learn how to fix them then you learn how to mod them thats how i got hooked,,You need a digital multitester to check these lights out,usually its a connection problem.

bp044

Enlightened

Its great to buy the cheaper lights that way you have to learn how to fix them then you learn how to mod them thats how i got hooked,,You need a digital multitester to check these lights out,usually its a connection problem.

This light cost me $ 45 .I have a multitester. Can you tell me how to use it on this light ?

lightmyway

Newly Enlightened

If you can access the led and find the positive and negative solder connections check the voltage here ,if you have power here the led has failed ,if no power here the emitter board has failed or you have bad connections from the battery,Have you tried other battery brands? Yes $45 is not exactly cheap.Also check the solder connections on the emitter board.Hope this helps.

bp044

Enlightened

If you can access the led and find the positive and negative solder connections check the voltage here ,if you have power here the led has failed ,if no power here the emitter board has failed or you have bad connections from the battery,Have you tried other battery brands? Yes $45 is not exactly cheap.Also check the solder connections on the emitter board.Hope this helps.

I have tried several brands to no avail. I dont have the skill to access the workings of the light. Today Itried to email the vendor , Dealextreme and I could not get thru.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast

try their CSE, they normally are decent with reply times ~24hrs.

bp044

Enlightened
After a great deal of fiddeling the light works, at least for now.
The trick was to loosen the tail cap and tighten it again in small turns , clicking the switch after each turn until it finally lit. A real bother and I still feel this light will continue to be unreliable Thanks to all who responded for the help

Latest posts