• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: A Few Customs

For sale: three lights whose time has come to find new homes. PayPal only (no eChecks), add 3% for cash PP or 4% for CC PayPal. CONUS shipping included in the price. Usual rules: first to state unconditionally, here in the thread "I'll take it" followed by PayPal payment, has priority. PayPal addy same as e-mail addy in my profile.

Left: McGizmo 27LT with yaesumofo titanium bezel ring, excellent condition, shelf queen, $240 shipped CONUS, SOLD.

Middle: Custom Balrog/McGizmo light consisting of Bare AL Balrog 2xCR123 body + matching bare AL Balrog two-stage momentary/twist tailcap + bare AL McLux TK head that can accommodate up to 4xCR123, excellent condition, $240 shipped CONUS.

Right: Orb Flik Prototype, anodized aluminum 3xN Cell light. Made from a solid bar of aluminum, this light has perhaps the thickest walls of any light made, and is activated by flicking the light downward (and deactivated by tapping the bottom). This is a prototype of the later production version. The Flik, I believe, is a predecessor to the Original Orb light. This one has some minor wear marks on the bottom knob of the light. $80 shipped CONUS, SOLD.

IMG_3389.jpg

IMG_3388.jpg

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dad, please don't be offended, I think that thought goes through EVERY guys head that see's it!

AMAZING PRICES!!
Very nice lights you have there!!! These won't last long!!

Dad, please don't be offended, I think that thought goes through EVERY guys head that see's it!

AMAZING PRICES!!
Very nice lights you have there!!! These won't last long!!
It didn't go through my head, and I consider it thread trashing, not to mention offensive to Orb, the maker. The light, to me, looks like a water ski handle or a runner's weight. Thanks for the note.

Dawg

Enlightened
It didn't go through my head, and I consider it thread trashing, not to mention offensive to Orb, the maker. The light, to me, looks like a water ski handle or a runner's weight. Thanks for the note.
It did not go through my head either, till someone drew attention to it and made me think about it. I did however think that it could do double duty as a Kubaton. I am with you dad, I have a gaggle of coworkers that run from computer to computer at work like pubescent adolescents sharing garbage, and I really have little patience for these types myself.

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply Troy.

BTW, I do believe Wave Particle meant the Flik could be used to make a Mojito drink, or perhaps crush some baby aspirin...Maybe the other innuendo should be saved for a different place on the net.

Thanks,
TB

Illum

Flashaholic
well....from http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/fliklite_original.htm

the readings are
88/1200
thats the highest output reading within Quickbeam's reviews for 4 LEDs;)
another light with the same output readings would be the Fenix L0D-CE (Cree XR-E) alkaline on medium, sounds good to me. its better than other 4 LED lights I've come across with.:)

I haven't seen a fliklite on the forum exchange in many moons now, I'd grab it if I can. arewethereyetdad is an awesome guy to deal with, though I personally have never bought from him but he has sold a couple boxes worth of lights/parts on the forum for awhile now.

in the days where crees and SSCs dominate, take a minute to reread Quickbeam's thread "the under rated 5mm LED..." to regain some appreciation for 5mms, trust me its worth it and may save you alot of money:nana:

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast

....well, for what its worth, I left the comment very general and opened ended to spur some discussion about its unusual form, but now that I think of it, I admit it does not belong in a sales thread. My bad.

No hard feelings?

I deserve a :twak:

The Coach

Enlightened
Well, I fought it as long as I could, I'll take the Orb Flik proto ,if it's still available. I'll get the CC paypal to you as soon as I hear if it's still there.