Lots of new lights at Target again!! photos

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stopped by my local Target tonight and spotted several new LED lights. Pardon the crappy cell phone photos- had to do lots of post processing to get them this good.

This one is a Brinkmann model number B09-3000-1. The first 3 photos are of it. Not much about it on the web yet- it's brand new.
0411081847rs.jpg

0411081847ars.jpg

0411081848rs.jpg

Another Brinkmann and not much on the web about it yet either- it's too new.
0411081850ars.jpg

A 1aa from Energizer- didn't get a model number.
0411081851rs.jpg

Another one from Energizer- 2aa
0411081851ars.jpg

Dorcy 3aaa K2

0411081852rs.jpg

dannyduke

Newly Enlightened
Thanks srvctec, I really like this one:

0411081851rs.jpg

Can you tell me more:

- On/off by twisty or push ?
- Run time
- Price

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks srvctec, I really like this one:

(edited out photo of 1aa light to save space)

Can you tell me more:

- On/off by twisty or push ?
- Run time
- Price

1. It has a push button rubber tailcap switch- don't know if it's momentary on or not. It also has a pocket clip!
2. Don't know as the package didn't state (can't really trust claims anyway) and I didn't purchase one since I have enough lights at the moment. My NDI is the best EDC I could imagine.
3. I'm thinking the price was $17.99, but I'm not sure- maybe it was $12.99. I should have took some notes, but was in a hurry and did good to get the pics. :ohgeez:

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
There are already reviews up for the 1xAA Energizer and the 2D Brinkman. The 2xAA Energizer at my Target definitely had a Rebel LED, and the Dorcy a K2 TFFC

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Marduke,

I've looked at the 2AA Energizer at Target but I couldn't see the led very well through the plastic packaging (even shining a light at it didn't help! :) )

How were you able to tell what type it is?

Thanks

AlexSchira

Enlightened
At my local one, I was amazed to see a cheapie line of LEDs from Energizer. For about a couple more bucks than their incan two-pack, you get two newly designed Eveready-looking things with basic, dim LEDs in them. They stess a fifty hour runtime (but admit 17 with the cheap carbon zinc cells). All of them are clearly marked as LED stressing the improvement. Cheapest is about five dollars, eight bucks gets a two pack of a 2D and a 2AA. I think America is on the verge of going LED if they finally have these cheapies out there, barely a dollar or two above the old ones.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool, thanks! I only searched in the reviews forum, thinking that's where a review would be.
Apparently due to the recent fiasco with the plethora of TK10 reviews flooding the forum there has been a change to posts going into the review forum. There is a sticky/announcement at the top of that forum explaining the policy.

Wattnot

Enlightened
Looks like Target and Wal-Mart and the like are doing what we do . . . shopping on sites like DX and Kai's (on a much larger scale, of course) and buying tons of these things.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
None of those lights are impressive technology. The 2 D cell with the digital meter was already reviewed as shown above. The Dorcy 120 Lumen K2 with the green/red indicator light on the tailcap switch was reviewed by myself previously. On only 3 AAA batteries it doesn't put out 120 lumens. with good NiMH batteries to deliver the current it uses 1.27 amps, it put out 100 lumens without the lens, directly into the integration sphere at work and with their reflector/lens in front of it, in the way you would normally use it, it only put out 85 lumens at best.

On the one hand not bad for a retail $27 flashlight, but since battery source isn't that good, not all that great either, and kind of chunky for EDC. They make one that uses 6AAA batteries in 2 of those 3 battery stacks. Probably is a little bit brighter with twice the battery capacitity, but why buy it at all.
Its a $40, 9 plus inch long flashlight that a whole bunch of others will outshine in a much smaller and better package.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Cree isn't impressive technology? Whatever you say.
A Cree LED itself is a rather impressive piece of technology, but how some companies choose to implement it is often rather less than impressive. I believe that is the point that MrGman was trying to make.

DaveG

Enlightened
At my local one, I was amazed to see a cheapie line of LEDs from Energizer. For about a couple more bucks than their incan two-pack, you get two newly designed Eveready-looking things with basic, dim LEDs in them. They stess a fifty hour runtime (but admit 17 with the cheap carbon zinc cells). All of them are clearly marked as LED stressing the improvement. Cheapest is about five dollars, eight bucks gets a two pack of a 2D and a 2AA. I think America is on the verge of going LED if they finally have these cheapies out there, barely a dollar or two above the old ones.
I have one of the 2-d w 3 leds and its quite bright for a cheap around the house light.Well worth the few bucks more in price over the incan model.Got mine at Wal-mart a few months back.A CPF member posted about it,I was glad he did or I would have passed on this one.

dcbeane

Newly Enlightened
I should wait until I have my hands on the lights but.......
It looks like a bunch of cheap junk compared to Inova lights.
Target is making space by getting rid of some stuff....probably trying to lower average selling prices to increase sales.
I hope the Target flashlight rack doesn't start to look like the Walmart flashlight rack. The only lights I have ever bought from Walmart have been Maglites....and possibly some junk for the kids.
I have never paid attention to the Target Spring blowout. Will the silver colored Inova lights be gone for good now?
Why did they dump the Maglite 3watt upgrades for under $5. Wlamart still has them for about $19. Are they about to release an improvement?

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Energizer 1 AA and I really like it. I have no idea what kind of LED is in it. It has a momentary switch which you can just push in all the way if you want the light to stay on. It is pretty bright and well made. I also own the 2 AA Energizer. I belive it has what is called a reverse clickie. I went through three of them before I found one with decent tint and brightness. My first was pretty bright, but had a yellow/brown tint, sort of like an incan which I did not like. The second was the same, but it was not as bright as the 1AA. The third one came from another Target and it has a nice white tint and is bright. I also like the grip!

Mike